Taylor pens new Cardiff deal

Cardiff full-back Andrew Taylor has been rewarded with a new two-year deal keeping him at the club until 2016.

Last Updated: 20/11/12 at 12:12 Post Comment

Andrew Taylor: Rewarded with a new contract

Andrew Taylor: Rewarded with a new contract

More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

The 26-year-old was already contracted until 2014 but Malky Mackay has moved to tie him down for the long-term after an impressive start to the season.

Taylor, who has established himself as the Bluebirds' first choice full-back, joined from Middlesbrough in July last year.

"Andrew is one of those players who sometimes goes under the radar when it comes to making headlines, but he is always one of the first names on the teamsheet for me," Mackay said.

"He's been utterly consistent in his attitude, application and performance since he joined us almost eighteen months ago.

"He is one of the guys I know I can absolutely count on week in, week out, so I was really pleased that he is as happy with us as we are with him. Thanks to Andrew and his representatives for working with us to make it a relatively straight forward process."

More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

A

nd yet... Jermain Defoe is still going to pronounce himself gobsmacked when he learns he hasn't made the England squad for the Euro qualifiers.

treeman1
Premier League Winners And Losers

W

e could release Diaby and then re-sign him when nobody else does and he would literally be like a new signing.

john matrix
The Machine Gossip

W

e pay the living wage, living wage, living wage, and that's the way we like it, we like it, we like it!!! Wooo ohhhh ooooohh

hump3.
All Premier League Clubs Should Be Paying Living Wage

Footer 365

Roy Hodgson says Harry Kane may miss out on England squad

Roy Hodgson says selecting Tottenham striker Harry Kane for the next England squad is far from a certainty.

Papiss Cisse faces seven-match ban after admitting FA charge

Newcastle's Papiss Cisse faces a seven-match ban after admitting an FA charge relating to Wednesday's spitting incident.

FA charges Newcastle's Papiss Cisse and Manchester United's Jonny Evans

The FA have charged Newcastle's Papiss Cisse and Manchester United's Jonny Evans over Wednesday's 'spitting' incident.

Mail Box

Have To Trust Managers On Mata

It's all very well bemoaning the lack of action for Juan Mata, but we have to trust the judgement of Van Gaal and Mourinho. Plus Martinez Out, and Leicester are doomed...

Should Gerrard Get In This Liverpool Side?

Never mind the long goodbye, should he actually get back into this excellent Liverpool side playing with pace? Mostly we talk Manchester United, though. It's good...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company