The Senegal striker joined Chelsea from Newcastle United in January 2013, but struggled for playing time following Jose Mourinho’s reappointment as manager last summer.
Ba started only six games last season in all competitions, but did score important goals late on in the campaign against Paris Saint-Germain, Swansea City and Liverpool.
He has since been sold to Turkish side Besiktas and he has been reflecting on why he was not given more opportunities at Chelsea.
"Sometimes when you come in a team where there are a lot of big names, how can I say this, the name plays more than the statistics," said Ba.
"And, unfortunately, I think it was my case. But like I say, I have no regret on anything or anyone's decision to play me or not.
"I'm happy for the move to Chelsea from Newcastle and I did what I had to do with the time I was given."
Ba has made an immediate impact at Besiktas after scoring a hat-trick against Feyenoord earlier this month to set up a UEFA Champions League play-off with Arsenal.
The 29-year-old came close to joining Arsenal 12 months ago before Mourinho pulled the plug on the deal and Ba is ready to face the Gunners in the first leg in Turkey on Tuesday.
He added: "I always said the move to Arsenal was close. I thought the deal was done and I would just go and do the medical but it went another way.
"Jose has said why it didn't happen. He was honest, he just didn't want to give them a striker who could score goals, especially with the arrival of Ozil.
"Now I am playing Arsenal in such a big match. It's crazy but I've no regret on everything that happened."