Dickov's first season as manager of Rovers resulted in the club's relegation after only one season back in the second tier.
The Scot told reporters in his post-match press conference following Saturday's 1-0 defeat at his former club Leicester that he would remain in charge and had the full support of Rovers' board.
In a statement on Doncaster's official website, Baldwin insists Dickov remains the right man for the job.
"Despite relegation the owners still feel Paul Dickov is the right man for Doncaster Rovers and while this season hasn't achieved our objectives, the owners are confident he can return us to the Championship at the first attempt," said Baldwin.
"Dean Saunders was given that opportunity after we were relegated in 2013 and did well. The owners feel it is right that Paul Dickov is also granted the same opportunity.
"Under Paul we have played some attractive attacking football this season and our games against Wigan and the away victory and 28-pass goal against Leeds United are not forgotten easily."
Baldwin continued: "We're obviously disappointed not to have extended our stay in the Championship to a second season, which was one of our key objectives.
"Whilst as a club we will take the opportunity to reflect on the season that has passed, we will also move on quickly and ensure we're able to return back to the Championship at the first attempt.
"We want to be back in Championship as soon as possible, during the past few seasons we've spent all bar one of them in the second tier and the objectives for next season are to bounce back, like we did during 2012/13.
"We're in a far better position both on and off the field than we were two years ago when we were last relegated.
"Doncaster Rovers are a club who have always triumphed through adversity and I'm sure we will continue to do so."
Dickov was appointed Doncaster manager in May last year, signing a one-year rolling contract.