So who are the guiltiest Premier League players when it comes to gilt-edged chances? Our friends from WhoScored.com put a list together that features Mr Adebayor...
Each club in the top five needs a new striker this summer, so Matt Stanger evaluates the different options. Lewandowski to United? Should Chelsea sign Gomez?
* Olivier Giroud has the worst pass completion rate of any outfield player in the Premier League this season at a woeful 46.9%. Only 30 of his 64 passes have reached an Arsenal teammate.
* Mikel Arteta has the best pass completion rate of any first-choice player in the Premier League this season with 93.4%.
* Goalscorer Laurent Koscielny made two 'last man saving tackles' v Manchester City on Sunday - as many as any other PL player has made all season.
* Aston Villa have won one of their last 15 Premier League games.
* Darren Bent was the only Villa player to have a shot on target v Southampton on Saturday.
* ...but Bent completed ony five passes in 90 minutes.
* Chelsea attempted 28 crosses v Stoke on Saturday but only two reached a teammate.
* Juan Mata created five chances v Stoke and was rewarded with his first assist of the season.
* Only Jonás Gutiérrez (16) has been fouled more times than Eden Hazard (15) in the PL this season.
* Leighton Baines has created more chances for teammates (24) than any other PL player this season. He attempted a massive 13 crosses (six accurate) v Swansea.
* Everton have had more shots this season (102) than any other team. They had 31 v Swansea.
* The last time Victor Anichebe scored in a PL game he started was in March 2010.
* Fulham have drawn only one of their last 20 PL games.
* Fulham have only had one better PL start in 12 seasons - in 2002/03 when they had ten points after five games and were in fith.
* Bryan Ruiz has assisted three of the Cottagers' 12 goals this season despite starting only two PL games.
* Luis Suarez has scored twice from 30 shots in the PL this season. Jermain Defoe is the only player to have taken more shots (31, four goals).
* Liverpool substitutes Suso, Jordan Henderson and Jamie Carragher all recorded 100% pass completion rates v Manchester United.
* Joe Allen has played just two 'key passes' in five PL games for Liverpool while Steven Gerrard has created 13 chances for teammates.
* Man City have conceded seven goals from 14 shots on target from the opposition in their first five games.
* Man City made an astonishing 38 tackles v Arsenal on Sunday with Pablo Zabaleta (8) leading the charge.
* City were credited with only 41% possession v Arsenal. Yaya Toure touched the ball 78 times to Mikel Arteta's 119.
* Michael Carrick is the only Man United player to have started all five PL games this season.
* Nani completed just 11 passes and no crosses in 45 minutes v Liverpool on Sunday.
* Only three of United's starting XI v Liverpool (Antonio Valencia, Nani and Patrice Evra) had been credited with an assist this season. Shinji Kagawa joined them with his chest-down for Rafael's goal.
* Newcastle United
* Demba Ba has scored 20 goals in 39 PL games for Newcastle.
* Papiss Cisse has taken 12 shots this season without scoring a single goal.
* Hatem Ben Arfa has completed more dribbles than any other PL player this season (20).
* Norwich have scored the lowest number of goals in the PL this season (2).
* Jonny Howson picked up their first yellow card of the season in the 88th minute v Newcastle.
* John Ruddy has by far the worst distribution of any PL keeper - only 34.9% of his passes have reached a teammate this season.
* QPR had seven points after five games under Neil Warnock at the start of last season. This season they have two points.
* Bobby Zamora is the only QPR player to score this season - with three of his seven shots.
* Jamie Mackie came off the bench v Spurs in the 77th minute and touched the ball once.
* Reading have recorded only nine shots on target in four PL games.
* Garath McCleary has found a teammate with just two of 23 crosses this season.
* Chris Gunter is the only outfield player who has failed to take a shot for Reading this season.
* Rickie Lambert has scored four goals from just 11 shots in the Premier League.
* Morgan Schneiderlin has made more interceptions (22) than any other PL player this season.
* Gastón Ramírez and Adam Lallana created five chances each v Aston Villa on Saturday.
* Stoke City
* A massive 47% of Stoke's attacks have come down the right-hand side this season - the highest of any PL side.
* Ryan Shawcross made six tackles, two interceptions, five effective clearances, two blocks and a 95% pass completion rate v Chelsea on Saturday.
* Stoke have not won any of their last 11 PL games.
* Sunderland's four goals this season have come from just six shots on target.
* Sunderland have recorded an average 34.3% possession this season - lower than Stoke.
* Sunderland have not won a Premier League game since March 24. 12 games ago.
* Michu has committed more fouls this season than any other PL player barring Marouane Fellaini.
* Swansea committed 23 fouls v Everton on Saturday.
* Danny Graham has not managed a shot on target in his last three PL games for Swansea.
* Jermain Defoe has taken 31 shots so far this season - the most of any player in the Premier League.
* Gareth Bale has created more chances than any other PL player this season (15) without an assist.
* Bale attempted 13 crosses v QPR and found a teammate an impressive eight times.
* Gareth McAuley has won an impressive 14 of 18 aerial duels this season.
* Chris Brunt was responsible for 17 of West Brom's attempted 29 crosses v Reading on Saturday.
* Claudio Yacob has recorded an impressive 90.9% pass completion rate this season.
* Mark Noble has made more tackles (30) than any other PL player this season. He made eight v Sunderland on Saturday.
* The Hammers attempted 42 crosses v Sunderland on Saturday, with Noble lobbing in 16 crosses.
* Carlton Cole won an impressive 11 aerial duels v Sunderland but his pass completion rate was a woeful 41%.
* Wigan actually had one more point (5) at the same stage last season.
* Wigan had 64% possession, 83% pass accuracy and 19 shots v Fulham but still lost 2-1.
* Jean Beausejour attempted a massive 17 crosses v Fulham - three found a Latics teammate.