He's a 'Bright Young Manager', which is meant as a huge compliment, and he's also affable and approachable. It's actually quite difficult to dislike Roberto Martinez...
WhoScored.com look at five sides who, after the opening four matches of the season, seem to have made tactical alterations to their style over the summer...
* Per Mertesacker has the highest pass completion rate in the Premier League at 92.9% - just ahead of Mikel Arteta on 92.8%.
* At this stage last season, Robin van Persie had scored 13 of Arsenal's 25 PL goals. This season no Arsenal player has scored more than four of their 23 goals.
* Theo Walcott has attempted 31 crosses in his last two PL starts v Fulham and Tottenham. Only three have been accurate but all three have led to goals.
* Paul Lambert's sides (Norwich and now Villa) have conceded 16 goals in three PL meetings against Man City.
* Villa have six fewer points and six fewer goals than the same stage last season under Alex McLeish.
* They made 26 tackles v Man City with Matthew Lowton and Stephen Ireland notching five each.
* Fernando Torres has not scored in 458 minutes of PL football for Chelsea.
* He did not attempt a single shot in 61 minutes v West Brom. Both Eden Hazard and Juan Mata attempt more shots per game than Torres.
* Chelsea now have only two points more (24) than the same stage last season under Andre Villas-Boas (22).
* Everton have picked up seven points from their last six games - the same record as Reading, Fulham and Wigan.
* Everton have taken more shots (238) than any other PL team this season but five teams have scored more goals.
* Steven Pienaar created five chances for teammates v Reading but none were taken.
* Mladen Petric has scored a goal every 90 minutes in the PL this season.
* Damien Duff and Dimitar Berbatov both created five chances v Sunderland on Sunday despite playing with ten men for much of the game.
* Fulham substitutes have scored more goals (7) than any other PL team this season.
* Luis Suarez has converted 17% of his shots this season in the Premier League. His previous record was 9.7%.
* As well as being top scorer, Suarez has created the most chances from open play (35) and has had most touches in the opposition box (131) in the PL this season.
* Suso had more shots (3) than passes (2) in his 36 minutes on the pitch v Wigan.
* Man City have won all 12 PL games started by Sergio Aguero and Carlos Tevez.
* City have won 99 points from a possible 108 available in their last 36 PL games at home. They have scored 98 goals and conceded just 22.
* Samir Nasri created eight chances and found a teammate with five of his nine crosses v Villa on Saturday.
* Ryan Giggs misplaced more passes (13) in the attacking third than any other Premier League player this weekend.
* But Giggs made more chances (3) than any other United player at Norwich.
* United have scored exactly the same number of goals (29) as the same stage last season but have conceded five more.
* Newcastle United
* Newcastle attempted 26 shots at goal vs Swansea (excl. blocked) - the most by a PL side in a single game since January 2011.
* Demba Ba attempted a massive ten shots in that game. Only Luis Suarez has taken more shots this season (72) than Ba (50).
* Hatem Ben Arfa created eight chances v the Swans but none were taken.
* Norwich have conceded just eight goals in ten PL games started by Sebastien Bassong this season.
* John Ruddy made a series of fine saves but he ended the game with a pass completion rate of just 19%.
* Wes Hoolahan has created more chances per game (2.4) than Gareth bale (2.3) or Eden Hazard (2.3) this season.
* QPR have the lowest conversion rate of shots into goals of any team in the Premier League this season. at 7.6%.
* Adel Taarabt created four chances and was accurate with all three of his crosses v Southampton.
* José Bosingwa failed to make a single tackle or interception in 74 minutes v Saints.
* Only Leighton Baines (49) has produced more accurate crosses than Nicky Shorey (30) this season.
* Shorey created six chances v Everton and was rewarded with the only assist of the game.
* Adam Le Fondre has scored a PL goal every 128 minutes for Reading.
* Nathaniel Clyne made a massive nine tackles v QPR on Saturday.
* Only Sandro (45) has made more interceptions than Morgan Schneiderlin (40) this season.
* Rickie Lambert has the same number of PL goals (5) as Jerman Defoe this season but Defoe has taken 49 shots to Lambert's 28.
* Stoke City
* Stoke's last away win over a team currently in the PL came against Everton in December 2011.
* They have averaged just 41.2% possession in PL games this season.
* New England cap Ryan Shawcross made 14 successful clearances v West Ham but recorded only a 41% pass completion rate.
* Sunderland won an away PL game at the 14th attempt at Fulham on Sunday.
* Adam Johnson recorded two assists in a PL game for the first time in his career.
* Steven Fletcher's six PL goals this season have come from just ten shots on target.
* Swansea have not scored a first-half goal in their last nine PL games.
* Michael Laudrup's Swans have conceded exactly the same number of goals (16) as Brendan Rodgers' side at the same stage last season.
* Pablo Hernández is one of five Spanish players at the top of the 'through balls per game' PL table. But while David Silva has attempted 15 through balls to find a teammate five times, Hernandez has been successful with five of eight.
* Gareth Bale has created more chances (25) than any other PL player this season without being credited with a single assist.
* Kyle Walker was withdrawn after 45 minutes v Arsenal with a woeful 47% pass completion rate.
* Jan Vertonghen made an incredible eight interceptions and four tackles v Arsenal on Saturday.
* Only Reading (41.5%) and Stoke (41.1%) have had lower average possession than fourth-placed West Brom (42.5%) this season.
* They score a goal every 8.2 shots. By contrast, QPR score every 13.2 shots.
* Winning goalscorer Peter Odemwingie made six tackles - more than any other player v Chelsea on Saturday.
* Andy Carroll has played over ten hours of football for West Ham without scoring on loan from Liverpool.
* Mark Noble (50) and Mohamed Diamé (46) top the PL tackle charts for the season.
* The Hammers play exactly the same number of long balls per game (63) as Stoke.
* Wigan have not picked up an away draw since a 1-1 at Norwich in March.
* Wigan players were dispossessed a massive 17 times at Liverpool with Franco Di Santo losing the ball five times.
* Maynor Figueroa made five interceptions, four tackles and three effective clearances v Liverpool.