A nice boy. A really nice boy. A really, really nice boy. The nagging issue with Jake Humphrey is that he's a bit too vanilla, but it's a difficult to be too scathing about that...
How much do you remember about previous January transfers? We have one question per team...
1) Which Real Madrid manager did Rafa Benitez assist in 1994?
2) Name two of the four clubs he managed in Spain before Valencia.
3) What's the name of the fitness coach he met at one of those clubs who would become his assistant at Liverpool?
4) Which Argentine did Benitez replace as Valencia boss in 2001?
5) "I was hoping for a sofa and they've brought me a..." What was the end of that sentence in Rafa's criticism of the Valencia director of football.
6) Which future Champions League winner with Liverpool did Benitez have on loan at Tenerife?
7) Who did Valencia beat in the UEFA Cup final of 2004?
8) Which defender was his first signing at Liverpool?
9) From where did Benitez buy Xabi Alonso for £10.5m that summer?
10) Name two of the three players who came off the bench for Liverpool in the 2005 Champions League final.
11) Which underwhelming Benitez signing arrived at the club a year after he was actually signed after work permit complications?
12) Which 2005 signing played for PSG in the Champions League this week?
13) Who was Arsenal's unlikely hat-trick hero when Liverpool suffered a 6-3 home defeat in the League Cup in January 2007?
14) Who did Benitez sign in January 2007 who then started the Champions League final in May?
15) Which manager was famously offered the job of Liverpool manager by new owners during the 2007/08 season?
16) What part did Brian Howard play in a poor 2007/08 season?
17) Which player was signed by Liverpool for big money in the summer of 2008 when Benitez wanted Gareth Barry?
18) Who scored the Everton goal that was missed by ITV that put Liverpool out of the FA Cup in February 2009?
19) Which £1.7m signing - still at the club - was Benitez's last at Liverpool?
20) Which two Inter managers bookended Benitez's short reign at the club?
The answers are this way...