A midweek bonus takes in master intercepticons Man United, Arsenal's wealth of scorers, Liverpool's set-piece mastery and Eric Lamela tackling but not creating...
On Friday we'll sit in front of our televisions or Twitter, glued to what is basic administration. Daniel Storey stands on his soapbox and scrooges about the World Cup draw...
The Premier League
1) After losing to which team did Roberto Mancini declare the league over in April?
2) Which team were the first to be relegated from the Premier League in 2011/12?
3) Who scored the winner for City in the second Manchester derby of last season?
4) And apart from Agueerroooooooooooooooo, who scored City's other goals in their final day win over QPR?
Edin Dzeko and Pablo Zabaleta
5) Which team were relegated on the final day?
6) Who beat City on New Year's Day 2012?
7) Who won the PFA Young Player of the Year?
8) Who finished the highest of the three promoted clubs last season?
9) Who did Manchester United lose to in their first game of this season?
10) How many current Premier League sides were in the first Premier League (or, if you prefer, when football was invented) in 1992/93?
11 - Manchester United, Aston Villa, Norwich, QPR, Liverpool, Spurs, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and Southampton
11) Who missed the penalty for Cardiff that won Liverpool the Carling Cup?
12) Which Liverpool player scored in both the final and semi-final of the FA Cup?
13) Name the Cypriot team that made the quarter-finals of the Champions League, only to be mullered by Real Madrid?
14) Which Barcelona player did John Terry knee in the back in their Champions League semi-final?
15) Who was the only player to miss a penalty for Chelsea in the Champions League final shootout?
16) Which two Spanish clubs contested the Europa League final?
Atletico Madrid and Athletic Bilbao
17) Who won the Johnstone's Paint Trophy?
18) Who beat Celtic in the Scottish cup semi-final then went on to win the final?
19) Barcelona won the Copa del Rey this year - how many times have they won it now (three either way for half a point)?
20) Who won the Copa Sudamericana?
Universidad de Chile
The Football League
21) Name the winners of the Championship, League One and League Two
Reading, Charlton and Swindon
22) And the three playoff winners?
West Ham, Huddersfield and Crewe
23) Who are the Al-Hasawis?
The Kuwaiti family who bought Nottingham Forest in the summer
24) Where is Steve Coppell currently employed?
25) Which manager described one of his own players as 'the worst professional I've ever seen' after substituting him 21 minutes into a game against Preston?
Paolo di Canio
26) As of the end of 2012, who is the longest serving manager in the Championship?
27) Why were Cardiff owners Vincent Tan and Chan Tien Ghee unpopular in the summer?
They changed the club's colours from blue to red for marketing purposes
28) Which striker did Blackburn buy from the Premier League in July, only for him to knack his cruciate ligaments before being able to play a game?
29) Why was Mark McCammon in court this year?
He sued Gillingham for racial discrimination
30) Who is currently Portsmouth caretaker manager?
31) Three players arrived at Premier League clubs on loan from MLS sides in January - can you name them?
Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Robbie Keane (Aston Villa) and Landon Donovan (Everton)
32) Which two 'veteran' players did Spurs sign on deadline day in January?
Louis Saha and Ryan Nelsen
33) To which side did Chelsea sell Alex?
34) Who was Manchester United's only signing of the January window?
35) Which Portuguese player did Spurs narrowly fail to sign on deadline day in August?
36) Which two clubs signed players called Mousa Dembele in the summer?
Spurs and Fulham.
37) Who did Liverpool sign winger Oussama Assaidi from?
38) Which player went the other way in Manchester City's deal to sign Matija Nastasic from Fiorentina?
39) Name the striker signed by Manchester United from Universidad de Chile.
40) Name the three Champions League winners QPR signed in the summer.
Julio Cesar, Jose Bosingwa and Park Ji-sung
41) Who scored the first goal of the tournament?
42) Which two teams lost all three of their group games?
Ireland and the Netherlands
43) "I don't give a sh*t. I'm going on holiday." Who said that after his nation's elimination from the tournament was confirmed?
44) Which player scored Spain's two goals in their quarter-final against France?
45) Which two England players missed penalties in the shoot-out against Italy?
Ashley Young and Ashley Cole
46) Six players finished joint-top scorer of the competition with three each - name as many as you can.
Mario Gomez, Mario Mandzukic, Mario Balotelli, Alan Dzagoev, Cristiano Ronaldo and Fernando Torres
47) How much was Nicklas Bendtner fined for his famous gambling pants?
48) And who was Nicky celebrating scoring against?
49) Name all four of Spain's goalscorers in the final.
David Silva, Jordi Alba, Fernando Torres and Juan Mata
50) Who or what was 'Oceana'?
The singer responsible for 'Endless Summer', the theme song to the tournament
51) Who is the Internazionale manager?
52) Which Spanish team received a huge number of donations from fans around the world after they nearly went out of business?
53) Name the former Portsmouth player who won Ligue 1 with Montpellier.
54) Name the Polish trio so instrumental in Borussia Dortmund's second successive Bundesliga title win.
Robert Lewandowski, Lukasz Piszczek and Jakub Blaszczykowski
55) How many Eredivisie titles have current champions Ajax now won (we'll give you two either way)?
56) Who won the Africa Nations Cup for the first time in their history?
57) In which competition was goalline technology trialled?
The Club World Cup
58) Who won the gold in both men's and women's football at the Olympics?
Mexico and the USA
59) Who announced he would be leaving Boca Juniors after they lost the Copa Libertadores final?
Juan Roman Riquelme
60) Name the Chinese club that Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka currently play for?
61) Name the first Premier League manager to be sacked in 2012, whose successor has subsequently been dismissed.
62) Can you name the Dubai-based club who dismissed Diego Maradona as manager in July?
63) Which manager was caught on tape bad-mouthing his predecessor while in a 'refreshed' state?
64) Four current Premier League managers used to be assistants at other current Premier League clubs - name them.
Steve Clarke, Chris Hughton, Martin Jol and Harry Redknapp
65) 12 of the Premier League's 20 teams have the same manager (at the time of writing) as they did at the start of 2012 - how many can you name?
Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal, Everton, West Ham, Stoke, Fulham, Newcastle, Sunderland, Southampton, Wigan and Reading
Quotes - Match the player with the words
66) "I try" - in response to the question "I understand you're a footballer?"
Fabrice Muamba, during his recovery from cardiac arrest
67) "Let's go outside and have a man conversation."
Ukraine coach Oleg Blokhin reacts after some robust questioning from a reporter.
68) "When I score, I don't celebrate because it's my job. When a postman delivers letters, does he celebrate?"
Mario Balotelli on his rather glum celebrations
69) "It's true that I don't know much about the players in Ligue 1 but for sure, they know who I am."
Zlatan Ibrahimovic introduces himself to the French public
70) "If we got that number of penalty kicks there would be an enquiry in the House of Commons."
Sir Alex Ferguson on decisions for Manchester City
Twitter - Match the player with the hastag