Danny Welbeck, Raheem Sterling and Wayne Rooney all vindicated Roy Hodgson's decision to leave Harry Kane on the bench. But you can't keep the man down...
We have 20 questions on Premier League club's famous and not-so-famous No.9s...
1) Which seven Man United players have qualified for a winner's medal this season for the first time?
2) Which other United player is likely to pick up a medal despite being not yet qualified?
3) Which three Manchester City players picked up their second PL winner's medal last season?
4) Name two of the four nationalities who claimed their first PL medal last season.
5) Who is the oldest player to have ever received a PL winner's medal at 40 years and 205 days?
6) Who became - in 1998/99 - the first player to win PL winner's medals with two clubs?
7) Which goalkeeper has won three medals with Manchester United without ever reaching the ten-game mark?
8) Who became the youngest ever recipient in 2003/04 at the age of 18 years and 294 days?
9) After England, which nationality has won the most medals?
10) Who was awarded a medal in 2006/07 despite playing only nine games for United? He was promptly sold that summer for £6m.
11) Which other player was awarded a medal that season despite only playing seven games on loan?
12) United also received special dispensation to award which defender a medal a year later (2007/08) despite him making only nine appearances? He left that summer for around £5m.
13) Which Blackburn player was offered a medal under special dispensation but refused as he felt his contribution (five games) was too low?
14) Who accepted a medal after playing a grand total of around ten minutes in the final six matches of the 2003/04 season?
15) Which Brazilian has won more PL medals than any other player from his country?
16) Name two of the three winners from Germany.
17) Name the only Irishman to have won the Premier League while not a Manchester United player.
18) Which current Championship manager won a PL medal despite not playing a league game after November that season?
19) Who comes after Ryan Giggs (13) and Paul Scholes (11) in the list of most medals won?
20) Who was sentenced to 15 months in prison in December 2011 - just over ten years after winning a PL medal?
The answers are this way, lovely people.