Danny Welbeck, Raheem Sterling and Wayne Rooney all vindicated Roy Hodgson's decision to leave Harry Kane on the bench. But you can't keep the man down...
We have 20 questions on Premier League club's famous and not-so-famous No.9s...
* Santi Cazorla made six chances for his teammates v Fulham despite not taking set-pieces. He eventually earned an assist through Lukas Podolski's third goal.
* Podolski scored a goal every 180 minutes of PL football last season - only marginally worse than Theo Walcott's record of a goal every 163 minutes.
* All of Olivier Giroud's 13 Premier League goals have been scored in London.
* Villa had a massive 17 shots v Liverpool but only three were on target - two from Christian Benteke and one from Aleksandar Tonev.
* Gabriel Agbonlahor and Fabian Delph were both dispossessed five times by Liverpool players.
* The impressive Jores Okore made five tackles, two interceptions and eight clearances v Liverpool.
* According to WhoScored/Opta, Cardiff beat Manchester City despite having only 30% possession. The BBC stats put it at a slightly more generous 46%.
* Only three of Cardiff's starting eleven - Gary Medel, Craig Bellamy and Kim Bo-Kyung - had a pass completion rate of above 80%.
* Only one player (Matthew Connolly) touched the ball more times for Cardiff than goalkeeper David Marshall.
* Eden Hazard dribbled past five United players on Monday night but was dispossessed four times and lost the ball three times with a poor touch.
* Chelsea and Crystal Palace are putting in fewer crosses per game (11) than any other PL side this season.
* Only Swansea (40%) attack more down the centre of the pitch than Chelsea (36%).
* Palace made a massive 30 tackles at Stoke. Every outfield player contributed at least one tackle with right-back Joel Ward making six.
* Mile Jedinak won eight aerial duels as well as making three tackles, two interceptions and 14 clearances.
* Palace have won only one of their last 12 games in the Premier League.
* Everton had a massive 22 shots (eight on target, six off target, eight blocked, one hit woodwork) v West Brom without scoring a goal.
* Nikica Jelavic has not scored in any of his last 11 PL appearances.
* Phil Jagielka attempted 21 long balls v West Brom and only 13 reached a teammate.
* Fulham have not beaten a side who finished in the top half of last season's PL at Craven Cottage since January v West Ham.
* Giorgos Karagounis made more tackles in 15 minutes (4) than any of his teammates in 90 minutes v Arsenal.
* Darren Bent touched the ball just nine times in his 32 minutes on the pitch.
* Hull's last on-target shot v Norwich was their 22nd-minute penalty.
* Curtis Davies recorded a rare 100% pass completion rate in that match.
* The Tigers attempted 14 crosses v Norwich but only one (from Robert Koren) reached a teammate.
* Liverpool scored with their only shot on target v Vila and had just one more shot of any kind after Daniel Sturridge's 21st-minute winner.
* Joe Allen came off the bench and reached a teammate with only three of his seven passes.
* Liverpool have not started the season with back-to-back wins since 2008/09. They finished second that season.
* Stand-in centre-back Javi Garcia had more attempts on target (two) than any other Man City player on Sunday.
* Sergio Aguero conceded possession 11 times in City's defeat to Cardiff - more than any other player on the pitch.
* City have already equalled the total number of matches (one) they lost from a leading position in the whole of last season (a 3-1 defeat to Spurs at White Hart Lane).
* Only Southampton have played more long balls per game (91) than Man United (71) so far this season.
* Wayne Rooney was the only United player to manage a shot on target v Chelsea on Monday night.
* Antonio Valencia and Phil Jones attempted ten crosses from the right v Chelsea but none reached a teammate.
* Newcastle had a remarkable 16 shots v West Ham and not a single one was on target. None of those shots were taken by Papiss Cisse.
* Sylvain Marveaux made seven chances for his teammates before being substituted after 66 minutes.
* Newcastle have not scored in their last four PL games at St James' Park.
* Norwich have won only one of their last 11 away games in the Premier League.
* The Canaries' starting central midfield trio Leroy Fer, Bradley Johnson and Alex Tettey failed to create a single chance at Hull on Saturday.
* Nathan Redmond has successfuly dribbled around ten players in his first two PL matches of the season.
* Rickie Lambert had eight of Southampton's 17 shots v Sunderland on Saturday.
* Dejan Lovren and Jose Fonte made a combined 33 clearances v Sunderland.
* Attacking midfielder James Ward-Prowse is crossing king of the PL with 12 accurate crosses in two Premier League games.
* Stoke City
* Before Saturday, Stoke had not come from behind to win a PL game since December 26 v Liverpool.
* Only Arsenal (50) have played fewer long balls per game than Stoke (51) so far this season.
* Charlie Adam had four shots v Palace but did not create a single chance for his teammates.
* Sunderland have won just two of nine games managed by Paolo Di Canio.
* They recorded a woeful pass completion rate of 65% v Southampton with John O'Shea completing just four passes in 90 minutes.
* Ji Dong-Won created the same number of chances (3) as the rest of the Sunderland side v Saints despite only being on the pitch for 45 minutes.
* Swansea City
* Ashley Williams, Jonjo Shelvey and Jose Canas completed only 50% of the long balls they attempted against Spurs.
* Swansea's strikers - Michu and Wilfried Bony, who came on with 20 minutes remaining - didn't manage a single shot at White Hart Lane.
* Jonathan De Guzman was dispossessed six times on Sunday. He was dispossessed an average of 1.3 times per match last season.
* After failing to win a single penalty in the Premier League last season, Spurs have won both games in the current campaign with goals from the spot.
* Spurs have hit the target with only ten of their 39 attempts on goal so far this season.
* Andros Townsend completed more dribbles and won more free-kicks than any other player on the pitch against Swansea.
* The Baggies have managed just three shots on target in two PL games.
* Ben Foster only played 78 minutes but made seven saves v Everton - the most of any PL keeper on Saturday.
* West Brom have won only one of their last 11 Premier League games.
* The Hammers have recorded pass completion rates of 70.7% and 70% so far this season.
* James Collins found a teammate with only one of ten attempted long balls v Newcastle.
* Stewart Downing produced the only shot on target in 90 woeful minutes of Newcastle v West Ham.