Southampton top the list but perhaps it's Aston Villa who should get most credit. Their defence is the reason why they are sitting comfortably in mid-table...
Garrulous, uncompromising, always fighting his corner, but not without charm if the mood takes him. Sam Allardyce is the Premier League's classic Proper Football Man...
* Jack Wilshere scored his first PL goal since November 2010 v Villa. The only other Arsenal player who started both games is Laurent Koscielny.
* Wilshere was dispossessed three times and lost the ball on two further occasions v West Brom on Sunday.
* Supposed tough-tackler Mathieu Flamini made just one tackle to Mikel Arteta's six on Sunday v the Baggies.
* Aston Villa play the joint-most long balls per game (69) in the PL.
* Ciaran Clark made a phenomenal 23 clearances v Hull on Saturday.
* Villa have conceded just eight goals in seven PL games this season. Last year they had conceded 12 at the same stage.
* Cardiff have managed only 17 shots on target in seven PL games - the lowest total in the top flight.
* Jordon Mutch created as many chances in 45 minutes (3) than every other Cardiff player combined in 90 minutes on Saturday.
* Only one of Cardiff's seven PL goals have come in the first half.
* Norwich's goal on Sunday was the first Chelsea have conceded in the second halves of games this season.
* Jose Mourinho's Chelsea have scored five fewer goals and amassed five fewer points than Roberto Di Matteo's Chelsea at the same stage last season.
* David Luiz attempted 13 long balls v Norwich but he was only accurate with seven.
* Joel Ward tackles more times per game (5.2) than any other player in the PL.
* Mile Jedinak made eight tackles and eight interceptions v Liverpool on Saturday.
* Dwight Gayle's header v Liverpool is Palace's only goal in four games v top-half opposition this season.
* Everton have thrown away five points from winning positions this season. Only City have thrown away more.
* Romelu Lukaku has now scored 15 PL goals in 2013; that figure matches Robin van Persie's total.
* Phil Jagielka impressed with 13 clearances and four interceptions v City on Saturday.
* Fulham have kept only two clean sheets in their last 19 home games - both v Stoke.
* They have scored just five goals in seven PL games. At the same stage last season they had scored 15.
* Six of Fulham's starting XI v Stoke was over the age of 30.
* Curtis Davies has produced the joint-highest number of clearances in the PL this season with 76. He made a massive 15 v Villa on Saturday.
* Danny Graham has not scored in his last 1481 Premier League minutes of football.
* Ahmed Elmohamady attempted 17 crosses v Villa but only one erached a teammate.
* Liverpool hit the most passes of the weekend (619) and were also the most accurate with a pass completion rate of 87.7%.
* Luis Suarez has scored or assisted 19 goals in his last 19 PL games for Liverpool.
* Liverpool are yet to win a second half this season. They had two shots v Palace after the break and neither was on target.
* Manchester City have scored in 54 consecutive home matches at the Etihad since a 0-0 with Birmingham in 2010.
* City have won 28 and drawn two of the 30 PL matches in which Sergio Aguero has scored.
* City have allowed fewer shots (61) than any other PL side this season but have conceded more goals than eight teams including Stoke, Hull and West Ham.
* Michael Carrick was the only PL player this weekend to attempt over 100 passes. He tried 116 with a pass completion rate of 87.9%.
* Patrice Evra has created more chances for United this season (11) than any other player. On Saturday he became the third United player to claim a PL assist this season.
* Evra was the only player to find a teammate with a cross v Sunderland. Wayne Rooney failed with seven and Nani with six crosses.
* All Newcastle's nine PL goals this season have been scored by Frenchmen.
* Loic Remy has scored 56% of Newcastle's PL goals this season with five of nine.
* Newcastle are a point better off than the same stage last season (10 points v nine).
* Ricky van Wolfswinkel had one off-target shot v Chelsea. He has managed one shot on target in his last six PL games.
* Norwich are fourth in the tackles-per-game and interceptions-per-game PL rankings this season.
* Six of Norwich's seven PL games this season have been against sides currently in the top half of the table.
* Southampton have the best second-half record in the Premier League, conceding only one goal after the break v Norwich.
* Only West Ham (181) had fewer touches than Southampton (226) in the opposition half this weekend.
* According to Opta, Southampton are the 20th team in top-flight history (1888-2013) to concede fewer than three goals in their first seven games.
* Stoke City
* No Potters' striker has scored in their opening seven PL matches.
* Marko Arnautovic had seven shots v Fulham on Saturday but only one was on target.
* The Potters are a point worse off than the same stage last season under Tony Pulis.
* Sunderland have won one of their last 12 Premier League games at the Stadium of Light.
* Adam Johnson was substituted v Man United with a pass completion rate of just 45%.
* Johnson has created 16 chances for his Sunderland teammates this season (including two v United) but none have been taken.
* Swansea City
* Swansea have the best average pass completion rate (86.8%) in the PL this season.
* Swansea have drawn only one of their last 11 PL away games.
* Nathan Dyer created seven chances at Southampton on Sunday but none led to goals.
* Tottenham play the joint-most long balls per game (69) in the PL.
* Spurs take a massive 57% of their shots from outside the box. Eight of 14 shots were from outside the box v West Ham.
* Andros Townsend dribbled past nine Hammers players on Sunday. He has completed 33 dribbles this season - the most in the PL.
* Jonas Olsson has produced the joint-highest number of clearances in the PL this season with 76.
* Only Mesut Ozil (4) and David Silva (3.5) create more chances per PL game than Morgan Amalfitano (3.3).
* Baggies goalscorer Claudio Yacob made five tackles and three interceptions v Arsenal on Sunday.
* West Ham had the fewest number of touches (181) in the opposition half of any PL side this weekend.
* They out-tackled Spurs 27-19 on Sunday with every outfield starter contributing at least once.
* Mark Noble has created the most chances (17) of any PL player this season.