He's a 'Bright Young Manager', which is meant as a huge compliment, and he's also affable and approachable. It's actually quite difficult to dislike Roberto Martinez...
WhoScored.com look at five sides who, after the opening four matches of the season, seem to have made tactical alterations to their style over the summer...
* Arsenal have dropped just two points (at West Brom) in nine games against teams in the bottom half of the table this season.
* Nicklas Bendtner is Arsenal's 12 PL goalscorer of the season. By way of comparison, both Manchester clubs and Liverpool have had seven different goalscorers.
* Aaron Ramsey is now matching Wayne Rooney this season for goals (8) and assists (5).
* Aston Villa's pass completion rate of 49% v Southampton was the lowest recorded by any team in Europe's top five leagues this season; Libor Kozák and Christian Benteke recorded 35% and 29% completion rates respectively.
* Villa scored with all three of their shots on target v Southampton.
* Their record over the last five away games is better than every PL club barring Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and Tottenham.
* No club has picked up fewer points than Cardiff (6) in their last eight games.
* They have failed to score in their last 350 minutes of football away from home.
* Cardiff attack down the right-hand side more than any other PL side (44%).
* Chelsea's 30 points from 14 games is their best start to a season since 2009/10 when they raced to the title.
* They have picked up a massive 11 of those points from a losing position.
* Eden Hazard's remarkable game v Sunderland featured 12 dribbles, four shots on target and four key passes. He was not dispossessed once all night.
* Marouane Chamakh has taken just four shots in 14 PL games this season; he has scored twice.
* Barry Bannan is the fourth Palace player this season to be credited with an assist; no player has more than one.
* Dean Moxey only fuond a teammate with one of his eight long balls v West Ham.
* Gareth Barry has not lost on any of his last 13 Premier League starts.
* Everton have made more successful dribbles (181) than any other PL side this season; Ross Barkley is responsible for 35 of those dribbles.
* Goalscorer Bryan Oviedo also made more tackles than any other Everton player (5) v Man United.
* Fulham have equalled their club record of six consecutive PL defeats.
* They managed six shots on target v Tottenham after averaging 2.8 per game under Martin Jol.
* Dimitar Berbatov's PL assist v Tottenham was his first of the season.
* Tom Huddlestone has taken the most number of shots in the PL this season (28) without scoring a goal.
* He found a teammate with only seven of his 13 attempted long passes on Wednesday v Arsenal
* Only Sunderland have a worse away record than Hull's tally of three points from seven games.
* Luis Suarez is the first player in PL history to score three hat-tricks against the same side.
* He hit the target with an astoning six of his seven shots v Norwich and also created four chances.
* Liverpool have scored more set-piece goals (10) than any other PL team this season.
* Sergio Agüero has taken more shots in the PL (55) than any other player including top scorer Luis Suarez (52).
* Aguero found a teammate with all-but one of his 27 passes v West Brom.
* City have conceded exactly the same number of away goals (12) as Crystal Palace this season.
* Antonio Valencia attempted eight crosses v Everton; not one reached a teammate. On Sunday v Tottennham he attempted 11 and was successful once.
* Not one PL goal or assist this season has come from Man United central midfielders.
* But at least they're the best interceptors in the PL with 17.2 per game.
* Newcstle are one of four PL sides who have failed to pick up a single point from a losing position this season.
* Yohan Cabaye, Yoan Gouffran, Loic Remy and Shola Ameobi all lost the ball four times with poor control v Swansea.
* Newcastle average 49.9% possession at home but just 42.2% away this season.
* Only Sunderland have a worse away record than Norwich's tally of three points from seven games.
* Only three of their 12 goals this season have been scored by strikers.
* Gary Hooper came on in the 69th minute v Liverpool and touched the ball twice in 21 minutes plus stoppages.
* Southampton lost to Villa despite having an astonishing 77% possession.
* Steven Davis attempted more passes (129) than the whole of Aston Villa's front five in total.
* Adam Lallana and Jay Rodriguez were both dispossessed five times v Villa on Wednesday night.
* Stoke City
* Stoke are enduring their worst-ever start to a Premier League season with 14 points from 14 games.
* There have been just five goals scored in Stoke's last six games at the Britannia Stadium.
* Jonathan Walters ended a run of 102 consecutive PL games by failing to face Cardiff on Wednesday.
* Sunderland scored with all three of their shots on target v Chelsea.
* They attempted 21 crosses in that game and only one (from Fabio Borini) reached a teammate.
* They have thrown away eight points from winning positions this season - more than any other PL side.
* Swansea City
* Own Goal is Swansea's join top scorer with four goals this season.
* Jonjo Shelvely has scored three PL goals in 12 Swansea appearances after just two in 47 games for Liverpool.
* Swansea had an average pass streak of seven to Newcastle's four on Wednesday night.
* Tottenham's haul of 24 points from 14 games puts them a point ahead of where they were last season (when the ended with a record PL points haul).
* Only Arsenal have a better away record than Spurs, who have picked up an impressive 13 points from seven games away from WHL this season.
* Erik Lamela did not create a single chance v Fulham but made more tackles (5) than any of his Spurs teammates.
* West Brom have scored just five of their 17 goals this season before the break.
* The Baggies scored twice v Man City despite only having one shot on target.
* After two goals and two assists in three games, Morgan Amalfitano has produced neither in his last seven PL games.
* West Ham have scored just four goals in seven PL away games this season.
* They have failed to salvage a single point from a losing position.
* Only Aston Villa (69) and Southampton (68) play more long balls per game than West Ham (67).