Danny Welbeck, Raheem Sterling and Wayne Rooney all vindicated Roy Hodgson's decision to leave Harry Kane on the bench. But you can't keep the man down...
We have 20 questions on Premier League club's famous and not-so-famous No.9s...
1) Easy one to start off with - name the four Premier League managers to leave their posts since the start of the season.
Martin Jol, Andre Villas-Boas, Ian Holloway, Paolo di Canio and Steve Clarke.
2) Which team beat Chelsea in Andre Villas-Boas last match in charge of the Blues?
3) In terms of number of games, who was in charge at Chelsea the longest - Scolari, AVB or Di Matteo?
Di Matteo (42 matches). AVB managed 40 and Scolari only 36.
4) For how many Premier League matches was Paolo Di Canio in charge at Sunderland: a) 13 b) 16 c) 20.
5) Which PL manager currently has the shortest odds to be next to leave his job?
6) Which current top-flight manager said this after being sacked in his last two jobs: "I said to myself if I got back into management I would never stay when it was the right time for me to leave. I wouldn't get emotionally involved."
7) Name the two managers who were sacked by Everton during the Premier League era.
Mike Walker and Walter Smith. Joe Royle and Howard Kendall (twice) resigned, while David Moyes left for Man United.
8) Name the four former Manchester United players who have been sacked by Blackburn in the last 15 years.
Brian Kidd, Paul Ince, Michael Appleton and Henning Berg.
9) Who did Manchester United sack at the end of last season before replacing him with David Moyes?
Sir Alex Ferguson
10) Roy Evans at Liverpool: Sacked, resigned or disappeared?
11) Who was the only manager to be dismissed during the first Premier League season?
Ian Porterfield at Chelsea.
12) How many managers have Spurs employed while Arsene Wenger has been in charge at Arsenal - not including caretakers, but counting the chap who was in charge when Wenger was appointed?
13) Which mid-season month is the most popular for managerial departures?
November, with 22.
14) Who did Hull appoint as 'Football Management Consultant' after Phil Brown was put on gardening leave in March 2010?
15) Two teams have been responsible for the first managerial sacking of the season on four occasions - the joint highest. Name them.
Chelsea and Newcastle.
16) True or false: Portsmouth went through more managerial changes than seasons in the Premier League.
False - seven seasons, six changes.
17) Which manager does this quote from a former chairman of a current Premier League club refer to: "(He) didn't take it very well. He just sat there quietly and said, 'But it's my birthday'. What could I do? I said, 'Many happy returns' and gave him his P45."
It was Simon Jordan describing Trevor Francis' sacking at Crystal Palace in 2003.
18) Which Premier League manager was mutually consented on Christmas Eve 2006 by a club who ended the season in relegation?
19) Who said this in his final season in charge of a current Premier League side: "If XXX should sack me, the other 20 teams in the Premier League should be without a manager."
20) I'm thinking of a sacked Premier League manager. Who is it?