There are key differences - largely off the pitch - but Liverpool fan Sam Drury has spotted five things that are similar five years on. A big sale, a big Italian arrival...
With the contemptuous sneer of a parent finding his teenage child has been sick in a wardrobe after an illicit drinking session, Johnny and Al present Neil Warnock...
* Arsenal have not won any of the four PL games they were losing at half-time this season (v West Brom, Man United, Man City and now Southampton.
* Per Mertesacker, Laurent Koscielny, Mathieu Flamini and Mikel Arteta are all in the PL's top five for average pass completion rate.
* Bacary Sagna recorded a woeful 65% pass completion rate v Southampton; his average for the season is 84.8%.
* Villa scored as many goals against West Brom (4) as in their previous six home games.
* Only Chelsea (14) have grabbed more points from a losing position than Villa (10)
* Villa average a league-high 70 long balls per game but against West Brom they attempted 78. Only 42 found a teammate.
* Cardiff have lost six PL games this season by a 2-0 scoreline.
* Cardiff had 54% possession at Old Trafford on Tuesday but mustered just one shot on target.
* Kim Bo-Kyung did not misplace a pass in his 38 minutes on the match but did not make a single chance for his teammates.
* Chelsea had 39 shots v West Ham - the most by any team who failed to score in the PL since 2003/04.
* Attacking midfield trio Willian, Eden Hazard and Oscar created a total of 21 chances.
* Chelsea played 601 passes to West Ham's 230 at Stamford Bridge.
* In the 11 games since Tony Pulis has taken over, Palace have picked up 16 points. That form is the ninth-best in the Premier League - comfortably better than Southampton.
* In those 11 games, Palace have conceded just ten goals. No team has conceded fewer goals.
* Danny Gabiddon completed three passes in 81 minutes v Hull; he attempted nine.
* Everton played 555 passes to Liverpool's 358 on Tuesday night. Gareth Barry, Phil Jagielka, James McCarthy and Leighton Baines all passed the ball more than any Liverpool player.
* The Toffees had 19 shots v Liverpool but nine of those shots were from outside the area.
* Leighton Baines has created 23 shooting opportunities this season without being credited with an assist - the highest such total in the PL.
* Fulham have won only four of the 13 PL games they have been drawing at half-time this season.
* Steve Sidwell is one of only two PL players (the other is Carlton Cole) who have scored five goals without providing a single PL assist.
* Fulham's starting XI at Swansea could boast only six PL assists in total this season.
* Hull have been in relegation form since Christmas - picking up just three points from six games.
* Hull's top PL scorer with three goals is Robbie Brady despite him being injured since mid-December.
* Hull attempted a massive 31 crosses v Palace with Ahmed Elmohamady responsible for 12.
* Luis Suarez has averaged a goal every 70 minutes of PL football this season; Daniel Sturridge has averaged a goal every 90 minutes.
* Suarez's 23 goals this season have come from exactly 100 shots.
* Liverpool have scored 57 PL goals this season - it took until mid-March to reach that total last season.
* Sergio Aguero has scored a goal every 82 PL minutes this season for Man City.
* City have nine players with three PL goals or more and nine with three PL assists or more this season.
* Jesús Navas created a massive seven chances v Tottenham but none were taken.
* Juan Mata already has more Man United assists this season (1) than Michael Carrick, Marouane Fellaini, Tom Cleverley, Nani, Shinji Kagawa, Ashley Young and Ryan Giggs.
* Robin van Persie has scored a goal every 121 minutes of PL football this season; Wayne Rooney has scored every 165 minutes.
* United have picked up 31 of their 40 points against bottom-half opposition this season.
* Newcastle had 21 shots v Norwich but 14 of those came from outside the box.
* Newcastle have not won any of their last eight PL games without Yohan Cabaye - the last Cabaye-less win came in December 2012.
* Wingers Hatem Ben Arfa and Sammy Ameobi completed ten successful dribbles v Norwich.
* Robert Snodgrass recorded a woeful pass completion rate of 57% v Newcastle.
* Ricky van Wolfswinkel has managed just four shots on target in 14 PL games.
* The Canaries have scored just four goals in their last eight PL games but are still in better form than West Ham, Fulham, Hull, Swansea, Stoke and Cardiff City.
* Southampton have picked up just seven points from a possible 33 against top-half opposition this season.
* English players have scored 21 of Southampton's 31 PL goals this season.
* The Saints made an impressive 21 interceptions v Arsenal; their average for the season is 13.6.
* Stoke City
* Stoke have picked up just five points from 12 away games this season; their only win came at West Ham in August.
* Debutant Peter Odemwingie was disposessed seven times v Sunderland.
* Only Aston Villa commit more fouls per game (13.4) than Stoke (13.2).
* Sunderland are out of the relegation zone for the first time since August.
* Their record of 13 points from the last eight games gives them better form than Newcastle and Southampton.
* Adam Johnson has scored or assisted Sunderland's last seven PL goals.
* Swansea City
* Swansea's 19 points from ten games v bottom-half sides makes their record better than either Everton or Newcastle against division's worst teams.
* They have highest average possession (59.6%) and pass completion (86.5%) in the Premier League.
* They made an impressive 24 interceptions v Fulham with Chico (7) and Leon Britton (6) leading the way.
* Tottenham's record of 12 points from 11 games against top-half sides this season is only marginally better than Sunderland's (12 from 12).
* They have picked up no points from five games they were losing at half-time this season.
* Emmanuel Adebayor was dispossessed 12 times v Man City on Wednesday night.
*Claudio Yacob is the most prolofic tackler in the PL with 85 this season. He made eight v Villa on Wednesday night.
*Centre-halves Diego Lugano and Jonas Olsson won a total of three aeriel duels v Villa; Christian Benteke won ten.
* The Baggies' starting XI v Villa had only scored nine PL goals all season before kick-off.
* Matthew Taylor made a ridiculous seven blocks on Chelsea shots on Wednesday.
* Matthew Jarvis touched the ball 11 times in an hour of football v Chelsea.
* Three outfield Hammers (Andy Carroll, Guy Demel and James Collins) recorded a pass completion rate lower than 50% v Chelsea.