He may not receive much adulation, but there's a case for labelling Jose Fonte as the Premier League's most improved player over the last three seasons...
* Arsenal's record v bottom-half opposition (39 points from 19 games) is the worst in the top six.
* Robin van Persie's goal v Stoke was his first in 12 hours of football from open play.
* Arsenal's wide men (Gervinho and Yossi Benayoun) attempted a grand total of one cross (unsuccessful) v Stoke.
* Alex McLeish's Birmingham had two points more at the same stage last season (39 v 37) and were still relegated.
* Villa have picked up only ten points from 14 games since February 1. Only Wolves have a worse record.
* Carlos Cuéllar blocked five shots and made six tackles v West Brom on Saturday.
* Blackburn became the only side in Europe's top five leagues to go through a whole game without a single shot v Tottenham on Sunday.
* Goalkeeper Paul Robinson found a teammate with just three of his 19 long balls v Spurs.
* Rovers attempted eight crosses v Spurs but none found a teammate.
* Bolton have picked up just 12 of their 34 points this season against teams outside the bottom six.
* Bolton have picked up 11 points from losing positions this season - five have come in their last three games.
* Kevin Davies not only not only scored twice but made three chances for teammates v Sunderland on Saturday.
* Seven of Daniel Sturridge's 11 Premier League goals have come against bottom-half opposition this season.
* Juan Mata has created more chances (100) than any other Premier League player this season,
* Fernando Torres had more shots v QPR (8) than in any other game this season.
* Nikica Jelavic has scored nine goals from just 17 shots on target in his last seven league and cup games.
* Midfielder Darron Gibson has lost only one of his last 35 club games for Manchester United and Everton.
* Steven Pienaar's hat-trick of assists v Fulham made him Everton's most creative player this season. Fellow January signing Jelavic is their top scorer.
* Fulham have scored only 11 goals in 17 away games this season.
* They have just one more point than the same stage last season but have conceded 12 more goals.
* Only Wayne Rooney (145) and Robin van Persie (161) have taken more shots than Clint Dempsey (138) this season.
* Luis Suárez scored with all three of his shots on target v Norwich on Saturday. He has now levelled on PL goals with Daniel Sturridge, Frank lampard, Danny Graham and Steven Fletcher this season.
* Craig Bellamy has recorded the best pass completion rate (88.4%) of any regular Liverpool player in this campaign.
* Stewart Downing has now had 68 shots without scoring in the Premier League this season - more than any other player.
* Manchester City have scored 14 goals from corners this season - more than any other PL side.
* Pablo Zabaleta created four chances and recorded a 91% pass completion rate v Manchester United on Monday night.
* City have won the six PL games Carlos Tevez has started this season with an aggregate score of 18-1.
* Manchester United failed to have a shot on target v Manchester City in a PL game for the first time sice May 2009 v Arsenal.
* Manchester United have not won any of the eight PL games this season in which the opposition has scored first.
* Paul Scholes recorded a 98% pass completion rate v City but did not have a single shot or create a single chance.
* Newcastle United
* Newcastle have picked up just four points from losing positions this season - only Manchester United have a worse record.
* Newcastle have the PL's best record over the last eight games despite defeat to Wigan on Saturday.
* Papiss Cisse had five shots v Wigan - two were on target, two hit the post and one was off target.
* Norwich have scored just ten goals in their last 11 games after 37 in their previous 25 matches.
* Only Wolves have been worse than Norwich over those 11 games.
* They managed only one shot on target v Liverpool on Saturday through winger Ryan Bennett.
* QPR have lost their last five away games with an aggregate score of 14-3.
* They did not manage a shot on target v Chelsea until the 54th minute.
* Djibril Cissé has taken more shots per game (3.5) than any other QPR player this season.
* Stoke City
* Stoke's 43 points from 35 games is exactly the same haul as the last two seasons.
* Peter Crouch has scored in four of Stoke's last five PL games at the Britannia Stadium.
* Crouch had only a 48% pass completion rate v Arsenal but won six aerial duels.
* Sunderland have picked up just 12 points from their last 12 PL games - worse than relegation-fighting foursome Blackburn, Bolton, QPR and Wigan.
* Stephane Sessegnon has managed just two shots on target in his last 11 Premier League games.
* Nicklas Bendtner needs just one more goal to match his best Premier League season haul of nine goals from 2008/09.
* Swansea have picked up exactly the same points against top-half opposition (22) than fellow members of the bottom ten this season.
* Danny Graham ended 792 minutes of PL football without a goal with his strike v Wolves on Saturday.
* Leon Britton has recorded a 93.3% pass completion rate this season but has taken only three shots and made only ten chances in 34 PL games.
* Newcastle are the only top-half side Tottenham have beaten since mid-January.
* Gareth Bale has taken 48 shots in his last 11 PL games without scoring.
* Spurs had 19 shots v Blackburn, but none were taken by Emmanuel Adebayor.
* West Brom have kept four clean sheets in their last five PL games.
* Their record against bottom-half opposition is the best outside of the current top six.
* Peter Odemwingie was the only West Brom player to manage a shot on target v Aston Villa on Saturday.
Wigan have scored 15 goals in their last nine PL games. They scored eight goals in their previous 11 games.
* They have picked up the same number of points (22) as Everton since the start of February.
* Victor Moses has hit the target with 12 of his 22 shots in his last nine PL games since being dropped for the Swansea defeat.
* Wolves have picked up 15 of their 24 points this season from losing positions.
* Steven Fletcher has now scored 11 goals from 68 shots this season. Luis Suarez has taken 121 shots to reach the same tally.
* They have picked up more points (13) way from Molineux this season.