Forget it only being QPR, Louis van Gaal and Manchester United needed to make a statement on Sunday. Angel Di Maria did so emphatically...
We have some excellent thoughts on Arsenal's draw and Liverpool's woeful loss, plus praise for Villa, Diego Costa, Philippe Senderos and the 'final' word on hitting the post...
* Arsenal have recorded back-to-back PL clean sheets for the first time since the opening three games of the season.
* Arsenal's 'wide' players Santi Cazorla and Theo Walcott did not attempt a single cross v Sunderland on Saturday.
* The out-of-position Bacary Sagna was effective with an impressive 11 of his 15 attempted clearances v Sunderland.
* Villa have picked up exactly half their PL points (12) against top-half opposition this season.
* Christian Benteke has scored or assisted 15 of Aston Villa's 25 league goals this season.
* Charles N'Zogbia was dispossessed eight times by West Ham players on Sunday.
* Chelsea are still three points better off than at the same stage last season, scoring eight more and conceding three fewer goals.
* Fernando Torres has not scored in his last nine PL appearances despite attempting 19 shots.
* Ashley Cole has produced only four accurate crosses in the entire PL season.
* Everton's 'haul' over the last eight games (12 points) puts them below Reading in the form table.
* Leighton Baines played four of Everton's six 'key passes' v Manchester United on Sunday. Marouane Fellaini did not make a single chance for his teammates.
* Everton took the same number of shots (11) as United on Sunday. They have averaged more per game (17) than Chelsea (15.8), Arsenal (15.7) or Manchester United (15) this season.
* Fulham recorded their first clean sheet since November 28 in the 0-0 draw at Norwich.
* They have won only one of the nine games they have been drawing at half-time this season.
* Fulham had 57% possession at Norwich on Saturday but managed just one shot on target from Steve Sidwell.
* The Reds have still not beaten a team currently in the top half of the Premier League.
* Luis Suarez failed to hit the target with any of his seven shots against West Brom.
* Liverpool failed to score with 25 shots against West Brom. According to Opta, only Chelsea (26 v QPR at Stamford Bridge) have had more without scoring in the Premier League this season.
* City's players have made seven individual errors that have led to goals this season. At the same stage last season, only one such error had been made.
* City have allowed only 69 shots this season - the lowest in the Premier League - but Joe Hart's saves-to-shots percentage has gone down from 79.12% to 64.71%.
* Sergio Aguero was dispossessed five times v Southampton on Saturday. No PL player has been dispossessed more times than Aguero (72) this season.
* Robin van Persie has recorded a goal or assist in 19 of his 26 PL appearances this season.
* Manchester United have conceded just three goals in their last seven PL games.
* Phil Jones made five interceptions and recorded a 94% pass completion rate in his 56 minutes on the pitch v Everton on Sunday.
* Newcastle United
* Newcastle have the fifth-best first-half record but the worst second-half record in the Premier League.
* They have picked up only two points from 11 games in which the opposition has scored first.
* Moussa Sissoko has scored or assisted four PL goals in just three games. Papiss Cisse, Yohan Cabaye and Hatem Ben Arfa lead the current Newcastle players' charts with five goals/assists this season.
* No team has picked up fewer points from their last eight games than Norwich (4).
* No Norwich striker has scored in Norwich's last ten PL games.
* Wes Hoolahan made five chances for his Norwich teammates v Fulham on Saturday but none were taken.
* Bobby Zamora is QPR's joint-top scorer with four PL goals despite starting just eight games this season.
* QPR had only 37% possession but had 18 shots to Swansea's 15 on Saturday.
* Clint Hill made seven interceptions and four effective clearances v Swansea while defensive parner Chris Samba made no interceptions, one effective clearance and one error that led to a goal.
* Reading have scored 14 of their 33 goals in the final 15 minutes of PL matches this season.
* Their 14 points from eight games puts them in better form than Swansea or Everton.
* Scoring centre-back Adrian Mariappa completed just four passes in 90 minutes v Stoke.
* Southampton's victory over Manchester City was their first over a top-half side this season.
* As well as scoring a goal and setting up three chances, Jason Puncheon made six tackles in 61 minutes v Manchester City on Saturday.
* Own Goal is the Saints' joint third highest scorer this season with three goals after Rickie Lambert and Puncheon.
* have exactly the same points (33) and scored exactly the same number of goals (26) as the same stage last season.
* Twelve of Stoke's 26 games this season have been 0-0 at half-time.
* Since joining Stoke in 2009, only one defender (Leighton Baines - 15) has scored more PL goals than Robert Huth (13).
* Sunderland's record of 16 points from 13 games gives them a home record this season that is only better than Aston Villa, Wigan and QPR.
* Sunderland attempted a massive 47 crosses and no through balls v Arsenal on Saturday.
* Only Stoke (42.6%) and Reading (40%) have recorded a lower average possession than Sunderland (43.3%) this season.
* Michu ended a run of six Premier League games without scoring with two goals from four on-target shots v QPR.
* Chico made four tackles and three effective clearances as well as recording a 100% pass completion rate in his 33 minutes on the pitch v QPR.
* The Swans have scored 26 goals in 13 PL home games - only Manchester United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal have scored more.
* Only Manchester United have picked up more points (22) than Tottenham (18) over the last eight games.
* Gareth Bale has taken 17 shots in his last two PL games. Bale and Suarez are the only players to reach a century of attempted shots this season.
* No free-kicks were given for fouls on Bale v Newcastle on Saturday.
* West Brom's 2-0 victory over Liverpool ended a run of six Premier League matches without a win.
* The Baggies scored two goals from only three attempts on target against the Reds (they had five shots in total).
* James Morrison recorded the highest pass completion rate (92%) of any midfielder on the pitch in West Brom's win at Anfield.
* West Ham have scored just eight goals in 13 away games this season and have lost their last five away games.
* Andy Carroll recorded a pass completion rate of just 45% v Aston Villa on Sunday.
* No Hammers player has recorded more than two PL assists this season with Mohamed Diamé, Matt Jarvis and Joe Cole failing to create a single goal.
* Wigan are still one point ahead of where they were after 26 games last season: 21 points rather than 20.
* Wigan have picked up more points away from home this season (11) than at the DW Stadium (10).
* Shaun Maloney has scored two goals from just three on-target shots in his last two games v Southampton and Chelsea.