Wolves are keen to get the Republic of Ireland striker off their wage bill following their relegation to League One, and the Tigers were heavily linked with the 29-year-old.
However, Bruce told talkSPORT that he is not looking to sign another striker before the end of the transfer window.
"I don't really know where that has come from," said Bruce. "I have been linked with about 150 players and we have taken in four.
"We have brought in Danny Graham (on loan from Sunderland) and then we brought in Yannick Sagbo from Evian last week so in that department we are okay at the moment."
Hull begin life back in the Premier League with a difficult trip to Chelsea on Sunday but Bruce says his players cannot wait to get the season underway.
"We've got Chelsea and Manchester City in our first three games so to say it's going to be tough is an understatement," said Bruce. "But that's what we're in the Premier League for."
Chelsea and Manchester City are joint-favourites to win the Premier League but Bruce is backing Manchester United to retain their crown.
He said: "They won it so comfortably last season. Let's be fair, they'd it won by February.
"If you look over the last 20 years, if you finish above United you usually win the league. They're still the ones to beat."