Real Madrid have yet to bid for Moussa Dembele and an unnamed Premier League club have failed in an offer for the Fulham star, manager Martin Jol has announced.
The Belgium international enjoyed an excellent campaign in 2011/12 and his agent earlier in August claimed Spanish champions Real had made an approach.
Jol insists that was not the case and has had stern words with Dembele's representative, Jan de Visser, regarding the issue.
Ahead of Saturday's Premier League opener against Norwich City at Craven Cottage, the Fulham boss said: "I spoke to his agent and I said to him it's not the cleverest thing to do, to speak about players.
"There was no offer on the table (from Madrid) and hopefully the situation will stay as it is. Hopefully Dembele will stay here."
Jol, however, did admit there had been one bid from an anonymous Premier League team for the player.
"There was one low bid from one Premier League club, very low," Jol said.
"Moussa is quite happy here. He wants to play here and if something happens, we will have to wait."