Barca: United accept Fabregas defeat

Barcelona sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta claims Manchester United have accepted defeat in their bid to sign Cesc Fabregas.

Last Updated: 05/08/13 at 11:03 Post Comment   

Cesc Fabregas: Another twist in his transfer saga

Cesc Fabregas: Another twist in his transfer saga

United have already had two bids for Fabregas rejected with Barcelona consistently insisting the Spain international was not for sale.

A possible third United bid for Fabregas, 26, had been mooted but comments from Zubizarreta on Sunday suggest the Barclays Premier League champions have now decided to end their pursuit of the former Arsenal captain.

Zubizarreta was quoted as saying by Spanish newspaper Sport: "Manchester United are interested in the player, but it's also true that they understand our position of not wanting to sell. They have renounced his signing.

"We aren't going to sell him."

Zubizarreta, speaking in Israel where the Catalan giants are currently on tour, was also quoted as saying by Barcelona's official website: "He has a contract with us.

"We count on Cesc. I said that on the day of the presentation of Tito (Vilanova) and also with Tata (new coach Gerardo Martino): He's an extraordinary player who creates and finishes chances. We are delighted with him. He's the number four of Barca."


Sky Bet Free Bet Club: £10 free bet - £5 free every week


Football365 Facebook Fan Page

The Football365 fan page is a great place to meet like minded people, have football related discussions and make new friends.

Related News

Sky Bet

    • Retrieving latest Sky Bet odds

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

W

hy don't you call in Becks as well...and we will all have a lovely tea party!

kimosabi
United: Scholes helping out

M

ourinho is just a good-looking version of Allardyce (Fit Sam?). Clearly 19th century football isn't such a big deal after all?

Ezy_Rider
Chelsea Killed The Game Instead Of Playing It

S

tay put, Pep. Timothy Sherwood has this under control.

slowgraffiti
Guardiola plans Bayern stay

Footer 365

Premier League: Paul Lambert plays down uncertainty over future at Aston Villa

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert insists he "fully intends" to remain in charge of the Premier League club next season.

Premier League: Ramires banned for four matches after accepting FA charge

Chelsea midfielder Ramires will serve a four-match suspension after a charge of violent conduct went uncontested.

No contact from Manchester United says Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp

Jurgen Klopp says he has not been approached by Manchester United to fill the managerial vacancy at Old Trafford.

Mail Box

Guardiola Is No Better Than Moyes...

At least he wasn't in Bayern's defeat to Real Madrid, says one chap in the mailbox. Plus, more excitement over Van Gaal at Man United and thoughts on FFP...

Man United Fans Excited By Van Gaal Talk

Man United fans know who they want to replace David Moyes, with Louis van Gaal the favourite to take over at Old Trafford. Plus, thoughts on Real Madrid v Bayern Munich...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property