Ronaldo unfazed about new deal

Cristiano Ronaldo insists he is not concerned about his contract situation with Real Madrid.

Last Updated: 16/08/13 at 11:52 Post Comment

Ronaldo: Set to sign a new deal at Real Madrid

Ronaldo: Set to sign a new deal at Real Madrid

More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

Ronaldo's current deal with Madrid expires in June 2015 and, with a lack of official news about a new contract, that has led to plenty of speculation about the Portugal international's long-term future at the Spanish giants over the last year.

However, Madrid president Florentino Perez and new coach Carlo Ancelotti have both expressed their belief this summer that Ronaldo will agree a new deal with the club that could see the £80million forward finish his career at the Bernabeu.

Ronaldo, meanwhile, says he is not worried about the issue at present.

The 28-year-old said in AS: "I've more years to come. The contract renewal isn't something that I'm worried about now.

"These things happen naturally and sooner or later they will become clear. This situation doesn't worry me. Things are going well. I'm happy and it's not the end of the world."

Madrid begin the new Primera Division season at home to Real Betis on Sunday.


Sky Bet Free Bet Club: £10 free bet - £5 free every week


More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

H

opefully Jose turns up to the game wearing a T-Shirt with Costa's face on, that's the classy thing to do in these situations right?

Petulant_Radish
Costa loses appeal

C

onfirmed. Nick Miller is a douche bag. Lazy, incoherent rant is what this article should be titled. And for the editor to have the temerity to pass this as acceptable writing is shocking. Ah well, anything for clicks right? You got mine. Well done. Your mother must be proud.

poolshortsdown
Gerrard Constantly Searching For That Final Hurrah

T

his Martinez guy is mental. He'll get us relegated. I said that when they appointed him. Sack him now, Bill!

nilsatisnisi
'No need to replace Eto'o'

Footer 365

Premier League: Costa loses appeal against FA charge and gets three-match ban

Diego Costa has lost his appeal against an FA violent conduct charge and will start a three-match ban against Man City.

Sinclair joins Aston Villa on a season-long loan from Manchester City

Scott Sinclair has joined Aston Villa on a season-long loan from Manchester City, with a view to a permanent move.

Premier League: Arsene Wenger convinced new signing Gabriel will be a hit at Arsenal

Arsene Wenger says new signing Gabriel ticks all the boxes when it comes to coping with the demands of English football.

Mail Box

Red Mist Better Than Calculated Costa?

Hmmm. We're not sure about this argument - one Mailbox says Luis Suarez is easier to forgive because he is a little loco. We also have mails on Studge and more...

It's A Massive, Big, Brilliant Mailbox

And we left lots of Suarez/Costa mails unopened. What we do have is a video of some rotten Suarez tackles and views on the future of football, Spurs, Liverpool and...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company