Alvaro Negredo is determined to make the most of any chance he gets with Spain as he looks to secure a regular starting spot in the world champions' attack.
Spain do not have a recognised first-choice striker at present with the likes of Negredo, Fernando Torres, David Villa, Fernando Llorente, Roberto Soldado and Michu all competing for the job.
Atletico Madrid's Brazil-born goalscorer Diego Costa might also be an option for coach Vicente del Bosque at next year's World Cup if, as expected, Spain secure their place in their last qualifier against Georgia on Tuesday.
However, with most of those forwards not in the current Spain squad, Negredo is hoping to further push his claims in Albacete, as he did on Friday with the decisive goal as a second-half substitute in the 2-1 win over Belarus in Mallorca.
The Manchester City man said at a press conference on Sunday: "It's very tough in the national team, there are a lot of good players, so when we go out on the pitch we give it everything, and sometimes things go well and sometimes they don't.
"As strikers we live for goals. In the last game against Belarus I was fortunate enough to get on the pitch and score the second, on other days things don't go so well. You need to take advantage of the minutes you get because the competition is tough."
Although it put them on the verge of a place in the World Cup finals, Spain's victory over Group I's bottom team Belarus was not as comfortable as had been expected, and Negredo doubts the Georgia match will be a walkover either.
He said: "It will be difficult because Georgia will get 11 players behind the ball, but we will keep playing the same way.
"Despite the fact that we've teams have made it difficult for us in a lot of matches, we've let few games get away from us. We have to keep the ball and take advantage of the chances we get."