Next Game

Stuttgart v Man City

Saturday, 01 August 2015, 16:00

Friendly Match

Last Game

Man City 1 - 4 R Madrid

Friday, 24 July 2015, 11:00

Int Champs Cup Australia

Fan facing ban for derby storm

The Manchester City fan who ran on to the pitch and tried to confront Rio Ferdinand is facing a lifetime ban and has had his season ticket removed despite an apology.

Last Updated: 10/12/12 at 16:12 Post Comment

Joe Hart: Intervened as Matthew Stott confronts Rio Ferdinand

Joe Hart: Intervened as Matthew Stott confronts Rio Ferdinand

More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

Matthew Stott had to be restrained by Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart before being arrested and subsequently charged with pitch encroachment following Robin van Persie's late winner for Manchester United at the Etihad Stadium.

City have confirmed the 21-year-old has had his season ticket removed for the rest of the season as a result and faces a lifetime ban if found guilty in court of a charge of pitch encroachment.

Stott had earlier on Monday issued an apology, speaking through his solicitors - Stephen Lickrish and Associates - he said sorry to United defender Ferdinand for his incursion onto the playing surface.

The landscape gardener, from Knutsford, said: "I would like to apologise to all those affected by my actions yesterday, particularly Mr Ferdinand and the other players.

"I am extremely ashamed of my actions. I have let myself down, my family down, my fellow fans down and Manchester City Football Club.

"I intend to write personally to Mr Ferdinand to express my extreme regret and apologies and also apologise to Manchester United and their fans.

"I would like to thank Joe Hart for his actions when I came on the pitch.

"I have been a fan of Manchester City Football Club all my life and I have been a season ticket holder for three years and I attend the games with my father. I have had the same seat in the section next to the away fans for those three years."

Rebecca Caulfield, solicitor at Stephen Lickrish & Associates, is representing Stott.

She said: "Mr Stott is a hard-working man who has held a full-time job as a landscape gardener for four years and lives with his partner of five years.

"He has never been to court before and has never been in trouble with any of the stewards at Manchester City Football Club before, or at any other ground.

"He is extremely remorseful and is mortified by his behaviour, which is completely out of character.

"This was a momentary mistake by Mr Stott, which has led to him being charged, brought shame on his family, and will bring sanctions on the club that Mr Stott has supported all his life.

"Mr Stott will accept the consequences of his actions."

Don't miss any live and exclusive football coverage this festive season. Click here to visit Sky Sports' Festive Calendar

More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

Footer 365

Arsene Wenger responds to Jose Mourinho taunt

Arsene Wenger has brushed off Jose Mourinho's latest taunts after the Chelsea boss said the Gunners' recent spending may come as "a surprise".

Manuel Pellegrini backs Raheem Sterling to justify price

Manuel Pellegrini insists Raheem Sterling will justify his club-record £49million price tag at Manchester City in the coming years.

Jose Mourinho: Arsenal spending way to title contention

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho says Arsene Wenger is buying his way into Premier League title contention.

Mail Box

Di Maria Just Didn't Fit (S**t Happens)

If a signing doesn't work there doesn't have to be a massive witch hunt. So there. Plus a detailed net spend rant, Breel Embolo, computer games and Louis van Gaal...

The Calculator Is On Wenger's Side...

Over the last five years, Arsenal's net spent is about 55% of Chelsea's, so shush your mouth Jose. Plus, Van Gaal is attacked and defended in equal measure...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company