Palace showed interest in their former player in the final hours of Monday but despite the 32-year-old being granted permission to open talks with the Eagles, the club failed to reach a suitable deal.
And Johnson, who has scored two goals in four Championship appearances so far this season, says he is fully committed to helping Harry Redknapp's men return to the Premier League.
"It was a bit of a whirlwind last night, but I'm really pleased to still be a QPR player," said Johnson.
"The interest from Palace was flattering, but I never once asked for a transfer and like I said a few weeks back, I owe it to QPR - who stood by me when I was injured last season - to stay and help get this club back to the Premier League.
"I am 100% committed to QPR and will continue to give my all to help us build on what has been a promising start to the season."
Redknapp said: "We reluctantly gave Andy the chance to speak to Palace, who are a club close to his heart. They were keen to offer him a two or three year deal and we felt we couldn't hold him back from at least talking to them.
"However, when it became apparent we weren't going to be able to get sufficient cover in ourselves in that department before the deadline, we knew we couldn't let Andy go.
"Andy has been great for us in the opening month of the season and remains a key player for us. He's committed and looking forward to the challenge of helping us challenge for a return to the Premier League."