Lomas incurs eight-game ban

St Johnstone manager Steve Lomas has been ordered to serve an eight-match touchline ban by the Scottish Football Association.

Last Updated: 29/11/12 at 18:53 Post Comment

Steve Lomas: Sent to the stands three times this season

Steve Lomas: Sent to the stands three times this season

Lomas was banished to the stands by referee Iain Brines during the 1-1 draw with Celtic at Parkhead earlier this month.

The former West Ham captain was angered when Brines allowed Celtic striker Tony Watt back on to the field following treatment in what he felt was a dangerous position.

Lomas apologised in person to Brines after the match, but the SFA disciplinary committee found him guilty of using foul and abusive language towards an official and imposed a six-match ban from the dugout.

But Lomas had also incurred a suspended two-match ban following his dismissal in the clash with Ross County in September.

A statement on St Johnstone website read: "The SFA have handed Steve Lomas an eight-match touchline suspension following his dismissal from the dugout in the match against Celtic on 11th November for foul and abusive language towards a match official.

"This ban consists of six games for the offence committed at Celtic Park plus the suspended two-game ban which was already hanging over him following the game against Ross County in Dingwall in September."

Lomas is facing further punishment after again being sent to the stand towards the end of his side's 1-0 defeat by Hibernian on Wednesday evening.

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

I

think all those names linked to United exits make sense. Kagawa has never really looked like hitting the form he had at Dortmund and Fellaini is radioactive after last season (even though I think he's been unfairly singled out for criticism). Nani and Anderson have had more than their fair share of chances so they are done, and Hernandez deserves better than warming a bench.

ted, manchester
The Insecure Gossip

H

e'll be off to Spurs (or better) in January and I don't blame him. Looking forward to re-signing Grant Holt as his replacement though.

notalentjones
Benteke ignoring speculation

I

n fairness, he does look absolutely shattered in that photo.....

FairyNuff
Shaw told to shape up

Footer 365

Premier League: Ross Barkley signs new four-year contract at Everton

Everton midfielder Ross Barkley has signed a new four-year deal with the club.

Transfer news: Southampton's chairman says Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will stay

Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will not be sold, according to Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger.

Transfer News: Reported Manchester United target Arturo Vidal 'happy' to stay at Juventus

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri is convinced Arturo Vidal will remain with the club for the forthcoming season.

Mail Box

Youth Development Has To Be The Future

A varied Mailbox has thoughts on transfer targets, youth development, the obsession over 3-5-2, some innovative Blackpool suggestions and why Real bought Kroos...

Don't You Worry About Southampton...

We can't help but agree with one mailboxer who tries to calm the crisis-mongers gathering around Southampton, while we have mails on Man United's squad...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property