Sissoko hints at Newcastle

France international midfielder Moussa Sissoko has confirmed his desire to join Newcastle United, but admits his future has not yet been finalised.

Last Updated: 24/01/13 at 10:53 Post Comment

Moussa Sissoko: Toulouse midfielder has confirmed his liking for Newcastle

Moussa Sissoko: Toulouse midfielder has confirmed his liking for Newcastle

Newcastle have been leading the chase for the 23-year-old Toulouse star and, as he is out of contract in the summer, they have been able to talk directly to him as well as to his club.

It is reported that a pre-contract is close to being agreed, but discussions over whether he would join this month or in the summer are ongoing.

Sissoko admits that a move to the Premier League with Newcastle does appeal.

"Newcastle is a club that attracts me, even if they do not have a good ranking currently, but I am not scared by that," he told L'Equipe.

"I trust that group considering what they achieved last season. Moreover, the officials have invested a lot on quality French players. They will have better results in the second part of the season.

"All those Frenchman is reassuring. I know them well and that would help me to adapt."

Other clubs such as QPR have shown an interest, but Sissoko admits they are not as attractive a proposition as Newcastle.

"QPR? I am a little less attracted. There are also good players there, but the situation is much more complex. However I don't close any door," he said, adding he would rather move to England than stay in France.

"Marseille and Monaco? They are still attractive. But I would prefer to discover the Premier League. It is the league that should match my football the best."

Sissoko was suspended earlier this week by Toulouse chairman Olivier Sadran amid the ongoing row over his future.

The player admitted: "The Toulouse chairman's decision was very disappointing. I didn't expect such a reaction. But he is the chairman and it is his club. I am just an employee but I continue to do well in training.

"I am a professional and if I have to play with the reserves or even Under-14s I will. I have no choice. But I trust my agents to find a solution even if it is a difficult period."

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

H

ilarious, thanks for that. But if I may, I do suspect the reason of your partners' ire is not Tottenham, but most probably all the compusilve gambling :)

DannySmith
Backing Costa To Keep Banging 'Em In

T

wo police horses in a paddock. Horse 1: What's with the long face? Horse 2: I'm working St James Park this weekend.

hump3.
Pardew - It's mass hysteria

T

wo things. First, I can't stop reading your name as 'Dane Bowers'. Second, you used the words 'philosophy' and 'Redknapp' in the same sentence.

ajsr1982
Can United's Defence Handle Ulloa?

Footer 365

Premier League: Everton striker Samuel Eto'o convinces Roberto Martinez

Everton manager Roberto Martinez believes Samuel Eto'o is ready to be the starting striker.

Transfer news: Mario Balotelli wanted AC Milan exit, says CEO Adriano Galliani

AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani has confirmed that Mario Balotelli wanted to leave the club for Liverpool this summer.

Premiership: Chelsea's Diego Costa to return against Manchester City

Diego Costa will return for Chelsea's Sky Live showdown with Manchester City on Sunday.

Mail Box

Be Careful What You Wish For, Gooners

That's the message from a Man United fan in the mailbox. Plus, thoughts on Paul Lambert's new contract, the Alan Pardew dilemma at Newcastle and lots more...

No, Wenger IS To Blame For Failure...

The backlash to the backlash to the backlash sees Arsene Wenger getting a good kicking while we also have mails on Chelsea, Newcastle, Everton and lots more...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property