Bayern: No Lewandowski deal

Bayern Munich have denied reports that they have a deal in place for Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski.

Last Updated: 26/04/13 at 11:00 Post Comment

Robert Lewandowski: No deal in place with Bayern Munich

Robert Lewandowski: No deal in place with Bayern Munich

German newspaper Bild reported earlier in the week that the Poland international had already signed two contracts with Bayern, one that was due to start next season and one in 2014.

But a Bayern statement read: "FC Bayern, contrary to these reports, do not have any contract with Robert Lewandowski."

Dortmund insist they have received no offers for the 24-year-old, whose fine season continued on Wednesday when he scored all four goals in their 4-1 Champions League win over Real Madrid.

Their intention is to sign the prolific Pole to a new contract, with his current deal due to run out at the end of the 2013-14 season.

Dortmund's general manager Hans-Joachim Watzke said in Bild: "It would be negligent of us not to try to keep probably the best striker in Europe. It's true that we have discussed new conditions once again."

Lewandowski, who has scored 34 goals this season with 10 of those in the Champions League, has also been linked with a move to the Premier League with Manchester United chief among his suitors.

Dortmund have already suffered one high-profile departure with midfielder Mario Gotze announcing earlier this week he was using a release clause in his contract to join Bayern over the summer.

Talk of Lewandowski joining Gotze in leaving the Westfalenstadion intensified on Thursday when his agent claimed a deal had been agreed with an unnamed club.

"We have reached an agreement with a club and intend (him) to move this summer," Maik Barthel told Sport Bild, who suggested the club in question was Bayern.

"There is a very interesting offer for Robert which fulfils entirely the demands set by Dortmund and also the demands of Robert.

"Dortmund have assured us that Robert can move at the end of the season under these conditions.

"We stick to agreements and now it's up to the clubs to sort things out."

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

H

ilarious, thanks for that. But if I may, I do suspect the reason of your partners' ire is not Tottenham, but most probably all the compusilve gambling :)

DannySmith
Backing Costa To Keep Banging 'Em In

T

wo police horses in a paddock. Horse 1: What's with the long face? Horse 2: I'm working St James Park this weekend.

hump3.
Pardew - It's mass hysteria

T

wo things. First, I can't stop reading your name as 'Dane Bowers'. Second, you used the words 'philosophy' and 'Redknapp' in the same sentence.

ajsr1982
Can United's Defence Handle Ulloa?

Footer 365

Premier League: Man City manager Manuel Pellegrini not concerned by Yaya Toure's form

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has no concerns over the form or commitment of midfielder Yaya Toure.

Transfer news: Chelsea's Jose Mourinho plays down Cristiano Ronaldo transfer talk

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has played down speculation about signing Cristiano Ronaldo.

Dundee boss Paul Hartley anticipates a good derby with United

Dundee boss Paul Hartley maintains his players have no fears as they prepare for the derby match with Dundee United.

Mail Box

Be Careful What You Wish For, Gooners

That's the message from a Man United fan in the mailbox. Plus, thoughts on Paul Lambert's new contract, the Alan Pardew dilemma at Newcastle and lots more...

No, Wenger IS To Blame For Failure...

The backlash to the backlash to the backlash sees Arsene Wenger getting a good kicking while we also have mails on Chelsea, Newcastle, Everton and lots more...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property