Kinnear's appointment as director of football at St James' Park was confirmed on 18 June, causing consternation on Tyneside and speculation over the future of both Magpies manager Pardew and head scout Carr.
However, Kinnear is sure the three of them can take the club forward together and is particularly looking forward to getting out on the road with Carr.
"We'll sit down and iron out what we think is the best for Newcastle," said Kinnear.
"Our role is to get the best players and the best team that Newcastle can have. That's what I intend to do.
"I'm not saying, 'Hey, let's go and get Ronaldo and Messi'. They are out of our range. But if we see what we believe are good, solid players, I don't see why we shouldn't be in the top 10.
"Each night, I will be going to matches. Maybe I will be going out of the country with Graham. We will travel around. We will go elsewhere to try to open the doors on new signings."
There has been more talk about targets domestic rather than foreign, with Aston Villa's Darren Bent and West Ham's James Tomkins linked. Nevertheless, Kinnear says scouting missions to the continent will continue.
"We will look abroad again with Graham. I've had three days with him already," Kinnear added to the Chronicle.
"We've been palling up, so we'll go abroad. We'll go to everywhere in Europe looking at matches. We'll scour the length and breadth of Europe to find what we want."
Meanwhile, reports on Saturday suggest Newcastle will hold out for a fee of around £25million for France midfielder Yohan Cabaye, who is a target for new Paris Saint-Germain manager Laurent Blanc.
Blanc, who has previously described Cabaye as 'France's Xavi', is understood to have made the recruitment of the 27-year-old a top priority.