Dante: No United deal

Brazilian defender Dante has denied that he has agreed a deal with Manchester United.

Last Updated: 22/01/14 at 15:36 Post Comment

Dante: Not on his way to Old Trafford

Dante: Not on his way to Old Trafford

The 30-year-old Bayern Munich central defender has been linked with a January switch to Old Trafford and some reports had even claimed a deal was done.

But Dante has been quick to play down any such notion that he has agreed to leave Bayern and it is understood he is in talks over a new deal, with two years left to run on his current contract.

"What I can say is that my agents are the ones who handle deals and talks," he told Fox Sports Brasil.

"I am happy at Bayern and the most important is to keep working, I am happy with Man Utd's interest, let's see what happens in the future."

"I follow the Premier League and although Man Utd are in a bad moment, I appreciate the interest."

He concluded: "We have to wait until 31 January, a lot can happen in the future."

No deal

His agent Marcus Marin was also quick to rule out a deal with United.

"There is no agreement with Manchester United," he is quoted by the Independent.

"We are currently in negotiations with Bayern over a new deal and his first option is to play there.

"He is very happy in Germany at the moment but if nothing can be arranged in the next few weeks then of course he would have to explore his options elsewhere.

"Dante is at a crucial stage of his career so he needs to think about one last big contract. He has had a brilliant year and won several medals so we know how important the next few months will be.

"We are hoping that something can be resolved before the World Cup."

Marin revealed that United had previously been wanted by United, ahead of his move to Bayern.

"Manchester United followed him two years ago," Marin said. "We were in talks with them, but then he ended up at Bayern.

"They are a very good club - and a very big club - so it would be interesting if they were interested in Dante, although I stress we have not spoken to anyone."

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

C

isse should have appealed and explained that it was just a retaliation, just like Matic did. Apparently the FA are ok with retaliation.

Triangler
Cisse accepts FA charge

L

ove this guy. He's one of the few surviving players that I remember so vividly from Football Italia and Gazetta on Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoons.

HarryBoulton
Francesco Totti - The King Of Rome

T

his is such a non-story it's unreal. I think we all know we are not playing to our potential yet and it hasn't yet clicked properly so he can celebrate or not celebrate all he wants.

GVMUFC
Van Gaal denies Giggs rift

Footer 365

Mesut Ozil defended by Arsene Wenger after Paul Scholes criticism

Arsene Wenger claims Paul Scholes "would have loved to play with Mesut Ozil".

Football Association names Martin Glenn as its new chief executive

The Football Association has named Martin Glenn as its new chief executive.

Arsenal's Gabriel Paulista out for up to three weeks with hamstring injury

Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Arsenal defender Gabriel has been ruled out for up to three weeks with a hamstring injury.

Mail Box

Is Sissoko's Neck Very Distinctive?

Moussa Sissoko features in a really quite bizarre Distinctive Physical Features XI while we have mails on sexism, Angel Di Maria and Francesco Totti. Ramdom.

Have To Trust Managers On Mata

It's all very well bemoaning the lack of action for Juan Mata, but we have to trust the judgement of Van Gaal and Mourinho. Plus Martinez Out, and Leicester are doomed...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company