Old Trafford

Next Game

Man Utd v Arsenal

Monday, 09 March 2015, 19:45

The FA Cup Quarter-Final

St James' Park, Newcastle

Last Game

Newcastle 0 - 1 Man Utd

Wednesday, 04 March 2015, 19:45

Barclays Prem

Martinez: No offers for duo

New Everton manager Roberto Martinez says the club have received no further offers for highly-rated duo Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini.

Last Updated: 25/07/13 at 15:01 Post Comment

Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini: No new offers for Everton duo

Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini: No new offers for Everton duo

England left-back Baines was reportedly the subject of a bid from Manchester United a few weeks ago while Arsenal have been linked with Belgium midfielder Fellaini.

However, asked if there had been any recent bids for the pair, Martinez replied: "Not at all, not at all.

"I know that is not what you might want to hear but everyone here is focused on fighting for spots in the starting line-up and the competitive level in this group is impressive.

"I don't think speculation is healthy, we are just trying to become as good as we can before the transfer window closes.

"If we get clubs talking about our players we take it as compliment, because the players have been impressing and doing really well.

"We are in a great position financially and we want to start the season with the best squad we can."

Impressed

Asked if he was surprised that United had not made an improved offer for Baines, Martinez added: "No, the last concern I have is what other clubs do.

"I can say I have been really impressed with the togetherness of this group. I can see that in training every day and it makes me proud."

Regarding whether he expects to have retained all his key personnel by the time the Premier League season gets under way, Martinez said: "You should never ask a manager that!

"The modern game does not allow a manager to have that control.

"But I'm very excited, the squad is very strong. We have some good youngsters who I feel can come in and help the first team.

"We will carry on trying to become as strong as we can."

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

C

isse should have appealed and explained that it was just a retaliation, just like Matic did. Apparently the FA are ok with retaliation.

Triangler
Cisse accepts FA charge

L

ove this guy. He's one of the few surviving players that I remember so vividly from Football Italia and Gazetta on Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoons.

HarryBoulton
Francesco Totti - The King Of Rome

T

his is such a non-story it's unreal. I think we all know we are not playing to our potential yet and it hasn't yet clicked properly so he can celebrate or not celebrate all he wants.

GVMUFC
Van Gaal denies Giggs rift

Footer 365

Hodgson aims to stay on - Report

Roy Hodgson wants to continue as England manager until after the 2018 World Cup finals in Russia, according to reports.

Louis van Gaal denies bust-up with Man Utd assistant Ryan Giggs

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal has hit out after he was asked about his relationship with Ryan Giggs.

Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana believes captaincy is bringing the best out of team-mate Jordan Henderson

Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana believes captaincy is bringing the best out of team-mate Jordan Henderson.

Mail Box

Have To Trust Managers On Mata

It's all very well bemoaning the lack of action for Juan Mata, but we have to trust the judgement of Van Gaal and Mourinho. Plus Martinez Out, and Leicester are doomed...

Should Gerrard Get In This Liverpool Side?

Never mind the long goodbye, should he actually get back into this excellent Liverpool side playing with pace? Mostly we talk Manchester United, though. It's good...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company