Stamford Bridge

Next Game

Chelsea v PSG

Wednesday, 11 March 2015, 19:45

Champions League First Knockout Round

Upton Park

Last Game

West Ham 0 - 1 Chelsea

Wednesday, 04 March 2015, 19:45

Barclays Prem

Neymar rules out January move

Neymar has ruled out the possibility of moving during the January transfer window by insisting his short-term future remains with Santos.

Last Updated: 27/12/12 at 14:27 Post Comment

Neymar: Happy to remain with Santos for now

Neymar: Happy to remain with Santos for now

The 20-year-old has been strongly linked with a transfer to one of Europe's top teams, with Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester City and Chelsea thought to be the leading contenders for his signature.

Reports emerged last week that Manchester City director of football Txiki Begiristain had travelled to South America to open talks with Neymar's representatives.

However, the Brazil sensation, who already has 27 senior caps for his country and more than 50 club goals to his name, is keen to remain at his boyhood side for now.

He told TV Bandeirantes: "I am happy at Santos, with my family, son, friends, so it's not the moment to leave.

"That moment will come because I have the dream of playing in Europe since I was a kid, but that moment hasn't come yet. Today, I don't see myself playing for any other team [but Santos]."

Despite Manchester City apparently having stepped up their pursuit, Neymar is keeping his options open.

He said: "I don't have any preference for a specific club or country."

The end of the current season appears the most likely time Neymar will make his move, but he is adamant it will not be his only priority for the summer.

Brazil are due to defend their Confederations Cup title on home soil in June and their star striker is keen to help his country retain the trophy.

"I would be lying if I said I am not thinking about the Confederations Cup," he said.

"I had two opportunities to play competitions for the national team, one in the Olympics and another in the Copa America, and I feel I am even more prepared now.

"I am very eager and I hope I will do a good job so we can win the title."

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

C

isse should have appealed and explained that it was just a retaliation, just like Matic did. Apparently the FA are ok with retaliation.

Triangler
Cisse accepts FA charge

L

ove this guy. He's one of the few surviving players that I remember so vividly from Football Italia and Gazetta on Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoons.

HarryBoulton
Francesco Totti - The King Of Rome

T

his is such a non-story it's unreal. I think we all know we are not playing to our potential yet and it hasn't yet clicked properly so he can celebrate or not celebrate all he wants.

GVMUFC
Van Gaal denies Giggs rift

Footer 365

Mesut Ozil defended by Arsene Wenger after Paul Scholes criticism

Arsene Wenger claims Paul Scholes "would have loved to play with Mesut Ozil".

Football Association names Martin Glenn as its new chief executive

The Football Association has named Martin Glenn as its new chief executive.

Arsenal's Gabriel Paulista out for up to three weeks with hamstring injury

Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Arsenal defender Gabriel has been ruled out for up to three weeks with a hamstring injury.

Mail Box

Is Sissoko's Neck Very Distinctive?

Moussa Sissoko features in a really quite bizarre Distinctive Physical Features XI while we have mails on sexism, Angel Di Maria and Francesco Totti. Ramdom.

Have To Trust Managers On Mata

It's all very well bemoaning the lack of action for Juan Mata, but we have to trust the judgement of Van Gaal and Mourinho. Plus Martinez Out, and Leicester are doomed...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company