Stamford Bridge

Next Game

Chelsea v Bolton

Wednesday, 24 September 2014, 19:45

Capital One Cup Third Round

Etihad Stadium

Last Game

Man City 1 - 1 Chelsea

Sunday, 21 September 2014, 16:00

Barclays Prem

Guerrero dismisses rumours

Paolo Guerrero has dismissed speculation linking him with a move to Chelsea by insisting he is happy at Corinthians.

Last Updated: 26/12/12 at 13:40 Post Comment

Paolo Guerrero: Happy to stay with Corinthians

Paolo Guerrero: Happy to stay with Corinthians

The 28-year-old Peru international attracted attention from across Europe after scoring twice in the FIFA Club World Cup final earlier this month.

Atletico Madrid, Juventus and Fiorentina are also thought to be interested, but the former Bayern Munich striker told Globo Esporte that he wants to remain in Brazil.

He said: "I will stay. I have a contract and I am very happy playing for Corinthians."

Guerrero joined Corinthians in July for £3m from Hamburg and is under contract with the world champions until 2015.

The Brazilian side are keen to ward off interest in the forward and have reportedly placed a £30m asking price on him.

Guerrero was on target in the semi-final of the FIFA Club World Cup, against Egyptian side Al-Ahly, before scoring the winner in the final against Chelsea.

He previously spent ten years playing in Europe, all in Germany's Bundesliga, having joined Bayern Munich in 2002 and left for Hamburg in 2006.

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

H

e deserved respect for forging a successful football career despite being, clearly, made from balsa wood.

Nutboy
Wenger: Diaby deserves respect

L

iverpool should put in a bid for Barkley. As cheeky as it may sound, only he looks capable enough to replace Gerrard.

paulay8
Gerrard's Decay Becoming Sadly Apparent

M

y emotions were not mixed. Super professional that he is. I will never look at you the same way Frank. Love affair over.

gittoplo
Lampard: Mixed emotions

Footer 365

FIFA tightens concussion rules after World Cup incidents

Players suffering suspected concussion will have to be cleared by team doctors, under new FIFA proposals.

Transfer news: Juventus never considered signing Mario Balotelli in the summer

Juventus general director Beppe Marotta has confirmed the club never considered signing Mario Balotelli in the summer.

Premier League: Phil Neville wants Manchester United to spend another £100m

Phil Neville says Man United need to spend another £100m on their squad before they can be considered title contenders.

Mail Box

Should Gerrard Play Further Forward?

That's one shout in a mailbox that recalls Rafa Benitez saying the Liverpool man would one day end up as a striker. Plus, thoughts on Rooney and 500 words on Ipswich...

Will Rodgers Finally Drop Gerrard?

The mailbox wants to know if Brendan Rodgers has the stones to drop Steven Gerrard. Plus, thoughts on Wayne Rooney's display, sitting down, and thanking United fans...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property