Etihad Stadium

Next Game

Man City v Chelsea

Sunday, 21 September 2014, 16:00

Barclays Prem

Stamford Bridge

Last Game

Chelsea 1 - 1 Schalke

Wednesday, 17 September 2014, 19:45

Champions League Group G

Ba welcomes extra competition

Chelsea striker Demba Ba insists he will not be forced out of the club and has vowed to prove his worth to new manager Jose Mourinho.

Last Updated: 26/07/13 at 11:44 Post Comment

Demba Ba: No intention of leaving Stamford Bridge

Demba Ba: No intention of leaving Stamford Bridge

Ba moved to Stamford Bridge from Newcastle in a £7m deal in January to support Fernando Torres, scoring six goals in 22 appearances as Chelsea secured a third-place finish in the Premier League.

But he faces extra competition next season following Romelu Lukaku's return from his loan spell at West Brom, while Mourinho is also keen to sign Manchester United's Wayne Rooney, for whom they had a bid turned down last week.

But Ba said: "I will stay. I think we need competition and we welcome the best players in this club.

"More competition is going to make me better anyway. All players want to play, not only centre forwards.

"We will all work in the same direction, for the club, to try and win the games."

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

H

ilarious, thanks for that. But if I may, I do suspect the reason of your partners' ire is not Tottenham, but most probably all the compusilve gambling :)

DannySmith
Backing Costa To Keep Banging 'Em In

T

wo police horses in a paddock. Horse 1: What's with the long face? Horse 2: I'm working St James Park this weekend.

hump3.
Pardew - It's mass hysteria

T

wo things. First, I can't stop reading your name as 'Dane Bowers'. Second, you used the words 'philosophy' and 'Redknapp' in the same sentence.

ajsr1982
Can United's Defence Handle Ulloa?

Footer 365

Transfer news: Chelsea's Jose Mourinho plays down Cristiano Ronaldo transfer talk

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has played down speculation about signing Cristiano Ronaldo.

Premier League: Everton striker Samuel Eto'o convinces Roberto Martinez

Everton manager Roberto Martinez believes Samuel Eto'o is ready to be the starting striker.

Transfer news: Mario Balotelli wanted AC Milan exit, says CEO Adriano Galliani

AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani has confirmed that Mario Balotelli wanted to leave the club for Liverpool this summer.

Mail Box

Be Careful What You Wish For, Gooners

That's the message from a Man United fan in the mailbox. Plus, thoughts on Paul Lambert's new contract, the Alan Pardew dilemma at Newcastle and lots more...

No, Wenger IS To Blame For Failure...

The backlash to the backlash to the backlash sees Arsene Wenger getting a good kicking while we also have mails on Chelsea, Newcastle, Everton and lots more...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property