Fratton Park

Next Game

Portsmouth v Bournemth

Tuesday, 29 July 2014, 19:30

Friendly Match

Last Game

Ebbsfleet 3 - 0 Portsmouth

Saturday, 26 July 2014, 15:00

Friendly Match

PST: Harris bid does not exist

Keith Harris' olive branch to Portsmouth supporters has been flatly refused by the group in pole position to buy the club.

Last Updated: 18/02/13 at 19:08 Post Comment

Portsmouth Fratton Park home: Court will rule on valuation

Portsmouth Fratton Park home: Court will rule on valuation

The former Football League chairman is fronting a group of investors who last month approached Portsmouth's administrators with an offer.

Harris' chances of a deal appeared dead in the water when the Football League immediately ruled that a proposed takeover by the Pompey Supporters' Trust must go ahead as planned.

But that did not stop Harris going public with a new bid which includes a proposal to hand fans a free 15% stake in the club.

That offer changes nothing for the PST, whose spokesman Colin Farmery said: "Why would we be interested in 15% when we are just about to take a 100% stake in the club?

"It is curious timing to say the least from Mr Harris with the Football League having made it quite clear that our bid is the only one that can be considered.

"Mr Harris seems to think he has still got a bid, but he hasn't. Our bid is literally about dotting the 'i's and crossing the 't's."

The Football League subsequently confirmed: "As stated after its most recent meeting, the Board of The Football League is not considering alternative applications for the transfer of Portsmouth's share in The Football League.

"Instead, it remains focussed on a successful transfer of share to the preferred bidder, the Pompey Supporters Trust."

The next step for the PST is a court visit on Thursday, when a date will be set for a further hearing on the sale of Fratton Park.

Former owners Portpin hold the stadium as security, and the court will set a valuation after the PST was unable to agree a price.

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

I

think all those names linked to United exits make sense. Kagawa has never really looked like hitting the form he had at Dortmund and Fellaini is radioactive after last season (even though I think he's been unfairly singled out for criticism). Nani and Anderson have had more than their fair share of chances so they are done, and Hernandez deserves better than warming a bench.

ted, manchester
The Insecure Gossip

H

e'll be off to Spurs (or better) in January and I don't blame him. Looking forward to re-signing Grant Holt as his replacement though.

notalentjones
Benteke ignoring speculation

I

n fairness, he does look absolutely shattered in that photo.....

FairyNuff
Shaw told to shape up

Footer 365

Premier League: Ross Barkley signs new four-year contract at Everton

Everton midfielder Ross Barkley has signed a new four-year deal with the club.

Transfer news: Southampton's chairman says Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will stay

Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will not be sold, according to Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger.

Transfer News: Reported Manchester United target Arturo Vidal 'happy' to stay at Juventus

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri is convinced Arturo Vidal will remain with the club for the forthcoming season.

Mail Box

Youth Development Has To Be The Future

A varied Mailbox has thoughts on transfer targets, youth development, the obsession over 3-5-2, some innovative Blackpool suggestions and why Real bought Kroos...

Don't You Worry About Southampton...

We can't help but agree with one mailboxer who tries to calm the crisis-mongers gathering around Southampton, while we have mails on Man United's squad...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property