Next Game

B'mouth v A Villa

Saturday, 08 August 2015, 15:00

Barclays Prem

Last Game

A Villa 0 - 0 Braga

Friday, 17 July 2015, 18:30

Friendly Match

N'Zogbia targets Villa recall

Villa midfielder Charles N'Zogbia remains hopeful after Paul Lambert's decision to leave him out of the starting 11.

Last Updated: 15/03/13 at 17:05 Post Comment

Charles N'Zogbia in action against Bradford

Charles N'Zogbia in action against Bradford

Aston Villa midfielder Charles N'Zogbia is ready to keep working hard as he fights to regain his place in Paul Lambert's side.

The 26-year-old is hoping his efforts will earn him back his place this weekend as a relegation battle takes place at Villa Park against bottom club QPR.

N'Zogbia made a late appearance at the Madejski Stadium last weekend, after providing much improved form for Villa since returning from a knee injury in January.

Paul Lambert's surprising decision to drop the French international after starting 11 successive games has not shaken N'Zogbia's confidence and he backs his boss' decisions.

"That is the manager's choice and I have to accept that," N'Zogbia told the Birmingham Mail.

"I can't argue about what is best for the team. As long as I am involved and we have a good level of communication it is fine and so far he has been good."

"All I have to do is work hard in training. If I am not in the starting line-up I am not going to his office to say 'why am I not playing?' because the manager is in charge.

N'Zogbia added: "When I am on the pitch I will do my best for the team and make sure I take my chance when they come."

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

I

f Jose left a mess at Inter Milan then Rafa cleaned it up with a hand grenade and a bag of compost

westwoodbo
Benitez 'tidying up Mourinho's messes'

T

he name of the article is apt as all my wildest dreams will come through if it turns out to be true

parsy12
The Vote Pedro Gossip

Y

ouri Tielemans is everything Jack Wilshere wants to be!

ross1119
F365's Top Ten Breakthrough Stars Of 2015/16

Footer 365

Arsene Wenger responds to Jose Mourinho taunt

Arsene Wenger has brushed off Jose Mourinho's latest taunts after the Chelsea boss said the Gunners' recent spending may come as "a surprise".

Manuel Pellegrini backs Raheem Sterling to justify price

Manuel Pellegrini insists Raheem Sterling will justify his club-record £49million price tag at Manchester City in the coming years.

Jose Mourinho: Arsenal spending way to title contention

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho says Arsene Wenger is buying his way into Premier League title contention.

Mail Box

Di Maria Just Didn't Fit (S**t Happens)

If a signing doesn't work there doesn't have to be a massive witch hunt. So there. Plus a detailed net spend rant, Breel Embolo, computer games and Louis van Gaal...

The Calculator Is On Wenger's Side...

Over the last five years, Arsenal's net spent is about 55% of Chelsea's, so shush your mouth Jose. Plus, Van Gaal is attacked and defended in equal measure...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company