The Magpies' win over Wigan on Monday - just their second in ten games - ended a run of four successive defeats for the side and leaves them sitting 14th.
And Ba, despite ongoing talks surrounding negotiations over his contract, says his only focus is helping Newcastle surge up the table after a frustrating start.
"It's not too bad so far, 10 goals in I don't know how many games," the Senegal international told NUFC TV.
"I will just keep on doing my work and if it comes, it comes; if it doesn't, it doesn't matter as long as we win.
"All I know is what we proved on the pitch last night, what we did on Wednesday as well.
"We have shown people that we still have the spirit and we still want to win and go forward.
"It was very good, it was very good to win after these last weeks. Now we just have to keep our heads down and keep working and keep doing what we did last night."
Ba's brace against the Latics takes him to joint top of the Premier League scoring charts with Robin van Persie, Luis Suarez and Michu.
Speculation surrounding Ba's future suggests Liverpool and Arsenal are among those interested in luring the 27-year-old away from St James' Park.