Bond handed new Watford deal

Watford have tied down young goalkeeper Jonathan Bond on a new three-year deal.

Last Updated: 28/06/13 at 09:20 Post Comment

Jonathan Bond: Made a number of starts last season

Jonathan Bond: Made a number of starts last season

The 20-year-old impressed during seven league starts for Watford last season and has been rewarded with a contract that runs until the summer of 2016.

Bond has followed the lead of defender Lloyd Doyley, who extended his stay with the club earlier in the week, and Watford's technical director Gian Luca Nani has welcomed the youngster's decision.

"Jonathan is a very good goalkeeper and has a great future ahead of him, so it's fantastic that he's agreed a new contract," said Nani.

"We're very pleased that Jonathan has joined Lloyd Doyley in committing his future to Watford."

Bond made his debut for the Hornets as a substitute against Portsmouth in January 2012 and was given further chances to display his potential the following season.

Having come on as a first-half replacement for Manuel Almunia against Derby County in February, he went on to make seven League starts.

Bond was sidelined by a broken nose in May, but he was among the substitutes as Watford missed out on promotion in the play-offs.

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

Y

eah, if there's one thing football autobiographies need more of, it's mind numbing-inanity and platitudinous tales of bantz.

Hallicks
Robson blasts Keane book

W

e were a steaming pile of recently released dogs dinner.

popularpete,
Wenger: We refused to lose

I

m sure I'll be one of about 100 but the Monday's third allbum was actually Pill, Thrills n Bellyache. Brendan would kill for quality like that right now.

u man
Brendan Rodgers: Radiohead Or The Happy Mondays

Footer 365

Premier League: Didier Drogba hoping to lead Chelsea line at Old Trafford

Didier Drogba admits he is still getting up to speed at Chelsea, but has declared himself 'ready' to face Man Utd.

Carragher: Balotelli will leave Liverpool next season

Jamie Carragher does not believe Mario Balotelli will remain with the club next season.

Champions League: Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers rues defensive mistakes in Real Madrid defeat

Brendan Rodgers says he could have asked for no more from his side after seeing them taken apart by Real Madrid.

Mail Box

Oh Mario - Why Always Meh?

Come on in and play the Liverpool blame game. Is it the fault of Rodgers, Balotelli, Mignolet, Johnson, Markovic or Lovren? Plus, Arsenal fans annoyed in victory...

Do Man City Have A 'Small Mentality'?

That's one claim in the mailbox after Vincent Kompany focused on a few hundred CSKA fans sneaking into the ground instead of City blowing a two-goal lead...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property