The Hawthorns

Next Game

W Brom v Stoke

Saturday, 14 March 2015, 15:00

Barclays Prem

Britannia Stadium

Last Game

Stoke 2 - 0 Everton

Wednesday, 04 March 2015, 19:45

Barclays Prem

Pulis: Owen going nowhere

Stoke boss Tony Pulis says he wants former England striker Michael Owen to remain at the Britannia Stadium for the rest of the season.

Last Updated: 10/01/13 at 22:03 Post Comment

Michael Owen: To remain at Britannia Stadium until end of season

Michael Owen: To remain at Britannia Stadium until end of season

The 33-year-old has made only four Premier League substitute appearances since joining the Potters in September, and made his first start in last weekend's FA Cup third-round goalless draw at Crystal Palace.

Reports have suggested a January move for Owen, with Perth Glory coach Ian Ferguson revealing the Australian side had been contacted by an agent, although ruling out the prospect of a move.

When asked about a possible move for Owen, Pulis said: "Is it true, is it not true? You just don't know.

"I read a story yesterday in the papers that (Manchester United striker) Danny Welbeck was available.

"Ask Sir Alex Ferguson what he thinks about that. You have to deal with it.

"Michael has got a contract until the end of the season and as far as I'm concerned, he has not come in and said he wants to change it.

"We haven't pulled Michael in and said we want to change that. So Michael will be part of the football club hopefully until the end of the season."

There has also been talk of another Stoke frontman, Kenwyne Jones, being targeted by Swansea.

Pulis, who said he's looking to bring players in during the January window, said: "There is Kenwyne, there has been interest from other clubs in other players.

"There is loads of stuff going on - it is the silly season. So we will let the silly season run and we will decide what is right for the football club and the players.

"We always take everything into consideration at this football club, and if it right for the players and the football club, we will do business. If not, then we'll get on with things."

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

C

isse should have appealed and explained that it was just a retaliation, just like Matic did. Apparently the FA are ok with retaliation.

Triangler
Cisse accepts FA charge

L

ove this guy. He's one of the few surviving players that I remember so vividly from Football Italia and Gazetta on Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoons.

HarryBoulton
Francesco Totti - The King Of Rome

T

his is such a non-story it's unreal. I think we all know we are not playing to our potential yet and it hasn't yet clicked properly so he can celebrate or not celebrate all he wants.

GVMUFC
Van Gaal denies Giggs rift

Footer 365

Mesut Ozil defended by Arsene Wenger after Paul Scholes criticism

Arsene Wenger claims Paul Scholes "would have loved to play with Mesut Ozil".

Football Association names Martin Glenn as its new chief executive

The Football Association has named Martin Glenn as its new chief executive.

Arsenal's Gabriel Paulista out for up to three weeks with hamstring injury

Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Arsenal defender Gabriel has been ruled out for up to three weeks with a hamstring injury.

Mail Box

Is Sissoko's Neck Very Distinctive?

Moussa Sissoko features in a really quite bizarre Distinctive Physical Features XI while we have mails on sexism, Angel Di Maria and Francesco Totti. Ramdom.

Have To Trust Managers On Mata

It's all very well bemoaning the lack of action for Juan Mata, but we have to trust the judgement of Van Gaal and Mourinho. Plus Martinez Out, and Leicester are doomed...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company