The City Ground

Next Game

N Forest v Blackburn

Saturday, 25 October 2014, 15:00

Sky Bet Ch'ship

Last Game

Watford 2 - 2 N Forest

Tuesday, 21 October 2014, 19:45

Sky Bet Ch'ship

Transfer talk unsettled Sako

Bakary Sako admits Nottingham Forest's protracted pursuit of his signature left him unsettled, but insists he is happy to be at Wolves.

Last Updated: 18/10/13 at 13:24 Post Comment

Bakary Sako: Remains committed to Wolves after breakdown in transfer talks

Bakary Sako: Remains committed to Wolves after breakdown in transfer talks

The French winger was the subject of several bids from Forest over the summer, all of which were knocked back.

The Reds refused to admit defeat and returned once the window had closed with loan offers which included the option for a permanent deal to be pushed through at a later date.

With Wolves having tumbled into League One, it was suggested that Sako had gone on strike in an effort to seal a switch - in the wake of his absence from training and competitive action.

The 25-year-old is adamant, though, that he never tried to force the issue and is happy to leave any decision regarding his future in the hands of his current employers.

He told Wolves' official website: "I spoke to the gaffer in pre-season and he said that if a Premier League or a top Championship club came in for me and a deal was agreed I would be able to speak with them. But I have never been on strike or anything like that.

"I heard a lot of things like 'Sako doesn't want to play for Wolves' but that is rubbish. I have always done my best for this club and I love this club and the fans and everyone who works for the club.

"I didn't play the last league game because I was ill again and then the gaffer said I needed to rest and could come back again on Monday.

"For me now, I'm not thinking about any interest from other clubs. I just want to get on with my football and play again and if the clubs agree anything and want to speak to me, then that is different."

Pressed on whether the transfer talk had been distracting, Sako added: "Maybe it did (affect me) a little bit.

"They came in once and things didn't happen and I was very happy to stay and went out and found myself a new house. And then they came back again and it did affect me a little bit, which is probably normal in the situation.

"But when I am playing and I am wearing the Wolves badge, I am going to do my best for this club and help get this club back promoted.

"Nobody knows what happens in football in the future, but I am committed to doing my best for the club unless I am told otherwise."

Footer 365

Liverpool v Real Madrid: Steven Gerrard says Reds must raise their game

Steven Gerrard says Liverpool respect Real Madrid – but won’t let them have things their own way at Anfield.

Fabio Cannavaro under investigation over taxes

World Cup winner Fabio Cannavaro is under investigation over a suspected major tax fraud, Italian police have confirmed.

Ron Gourlay stands down as Chelsea chief executive

Chelsea have announced that chief executive Ron Gourlay is stepping down after 10 years on the club's board.

Mail Box

Do Man City Have A 'Small Mentality'?

That's one claim in the mailbox after Vincent Kompany focused on a few hundred CSKA fans sneaking into the ground instead of City blowing a two-goal lead...

City: Like A Deer Caught In The Headlights

...while Chelsea just live for Champions League nights. That's one view in a mailbox that also includes several happy football fans and looks forward to Michael Carrick's return...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property