Burge drops Peterborough hint

Out-of-contract midfielder Ryan Burge has opened the door for Peterborough to reignite their interest in signing him.

Last Updated: 08/05/13 at 12:27 Post Comment

Ryan Burge: Ready for a Peterborough return

Ryan Burge: Ready for a Peterborough return

The 24-year-old, released by Port Vale last month following a fall-out with the club, was subject to a six-figure bid in the January transfer window.

Vale rejected the enquiry but, with Burge now a free agent, he would welcome a renewed approach.

"I have had a lot of interest," he said. "In January time there was Peterborough that were pretty keen on taking me, so now I am out of contract there is no fee it makes it a lot more appealing to a club.

"That was in January, but Peterborough are obviously a massive club. It's disappointing that they have come down but I am sure they will bounce back up."

Despite hinting at a move to Posh, Burge feels he is capable of playing in the Championship and is keen to prove people wrong.

"I am confident I could do a job at Championship level," he added. "It's a lot easier to go into the Championship level when you have had more experience.

"I have obviously had games and won a promotion so now I am in a better position to make that step up."

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

N

ow is the time for Allardyce to finally get a chance at a big club please. He is likely to have a number of great offers for his services this summer, but who will he choose? Will it be Liverpool, Real Madrid, Dortmund or Man City?

medina_sod
Allardyce leaves West Ham

I

thought exactly this when the Match of the Day pundits were peddling this line. Is it really not okay for fans of a club to have some ambition these days then?

damoceltic
Bored Of Big Sam? It's Your Right...

H

ow magnanimous off him - to leave if he's asked to by the owners? What's the alternative, bunker down in his office claiming squatter's rights if FSG want rid?

feed the bear
Rodgers: I'll go if owners want

Footer 365

FIFA face FBI criminal investigation as indictment alleges 'generations of bribery and corruption'

The FBI have outlined details of their damning 47-count indictment in their FIFA criminal investigation.

Mario Balotelli will remain at Liverpool, says Mino Raiola

Mario Balotelli's agent Mino Raiola has revealed that the striker will not be leaving Anfield this summer.

UEFA call for FIFA's presidential election to be postponed

UEFA have called for Friday’s FIFA presidential election to be postponed amid FBI allegations of bribery and corruption.

Mail Box

Vidic Is Part Of United's 'Budget XI'

We have post-2000 budget XIs on behalf of Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs. Plus gaelic football, FIFA, more awards and the majesty of Il Fenomeno...

Europa League: Hardly The AIA Cup

A Spurs fan definitely isn't bothered his side aren't in the Europa League final tonight. Also, a warning about Michael Laudrup, and how to build a team with less than £20m.

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company