Next Game

Malaga v Barcelona

Wednesday, 24 September 2014, 21:00

Spanish Primera BBVA

Last Game

Levante 0 - 5 Barcelona

Sunday, 21 September 2014, 20:00

Spanish Primera BBVA

Neymar denies new Barca claims

Brazilian star Neymar has again denied that there is an agreement in place with Barcelona for him to join the Spanish giants.

Last Updated: 26/03/13 at 15:25 Post Comment

Neymar: No deal with Barcelona

Neymar: No deal with Barcelona

Catalan daily Sport reported on Monday that a deal had already been signed between Neymar and Barcelona in 2011.

However, as is now the norm for Neymar, who is continually linked with moves away from Santos, he says there is no such agreement.

"I've said a thousand times that there is nothing certain with Barcelona. I'm a Santos player, this is all I have to say," he told Globo Esporte.

Santos vice president Ordilio Rodrigues also added that they do not know anything regarding an arrangement between the player and Barcelona.

"Santos denies absolutely the existence of that contract. We haven't known anything about that in any moment. Neymar hasn't signed a contract with Barcelona or any other team," he insisted.

"We have an excellent relationship with Neymar's father and he never told us anything about that supposed contract or even any other.

"People need to know that it doesn't only depend on a team to be interested in Neymar, it depends on that if he wants to be transferred. It has three parts, the team that wants to buy, the team that accepts to sell and the player."

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

H

e deserved respect for forging a successful football career despite being, clearly, made from balsa wood.

Nutboy
Wenger: Diaby deserves respect

L

iverpool should put in a bid for Barkley. As cheeky as it may sound, only he looks capable enough to replace Gerrard.

paulay8
Gerrard's Decay Becoming Sadly Apparent

M

y emotions were not mixed. Super professional that he is. I will never look at you the same way Frank. Love affair over.

gittoplo
Lampard: Mixed emotions

Footer 365

FIFA tightens concussion rules after World Cup incidents

Players suffering suspected concussion will have to be cleared by team doctors, under new FIFA proposals.

Transfer news: Juventus never considered signing Mario Balotelli in the summer

Juventus general director Beppe Marotta has confirmed the club never considered signing Mario Balotelli in the summer.

Premier League: Phil Neville wants Manchester United to spend another £100m

Phil Neville says Man United need to spend another £100m on their squad before they can be considered title contenders.

Mail Box

Should Gerrard Play Further Forward?

That's one shout in a mailbox that recalls Rafa Benitez saying the Liverpool man would one day end up as a striker. Plus, thoughts on Rooney and 500 words on Ipswich...

Will Rodgers Finally Drop Gerrard?

The mailbox wants to know if Brendan Rodgers has the stones to drop Steven Gerrard. Plus, thoughts on Wayne Rooney's display, sitting down, and thanking United fans...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property