Cardiff City Stadium

Next Game

R Madrid v Sevilla

Tuesday, 12 August 2014, 19:45

UEFA Super Cup

Ronaldo denies extension talk

Cristiano Ronaldo has denied that he has signed a new contract extension to keep him at Real Madrid until 2018.

Last Updated: 13/06/13 at 22:13 Post Comment

Cristiano Ronaldo: Denied that he has signed a new contract extension at Real Ma

Cristiano Ronaldo: Denied that he has signed a new contract extension at Real Ma

The Portugal international was responding after a day of speculation surrounding his future at Santiago Bernabeu, with some reports claiming he had put pen to paper on a new three-year deal.

But Ronaldo took to Twitter to dismiss the claims that he had already signed fresh terms.

"All the news about my renewal is false," Ronaldo wrote.

The speculation came after Madrid president Florentino Perez announced earlier in the week that his intention was to make the Portugal international the highest paid player in the world.

Ronaldo has been linked with a €100million (£85m) move to free-spending Ligue 1 outfit AS Monaco, while former club Manchester United are also said to be monitoring his situation.

In a bid to ward off any interested parties, however, Madrid were thought to be preparing an offer that would see the player earn €80million over five seasons and cost the club €166million in total when tax is included.

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

B

rilliant article. Anything that makes a man of Scolari's age wear a cap with a hashtag on it will surely precede a disaster

westwoodbo
Brazil Team Over-Subscribed To Idea Of Neymar As Deity

R

ather than Sanchez nearly done could you provide the completion status please? Maybe today Sanchez deal 72% done and then tomorrow Sanchez deal 74.3% done , leading up to 100% on the evening of the transfer window close day. Thank you.

CamberleyGooner
The Autopilot Gossip

L

ast five Arsenal captains: Gallas, Fabregas, Van Persie, Vermaelen, Arteta. Talk about a poisoned chalice...

juan de gunnaz
The Sluggish Gossip

Footer 365

FIFA rejects Luis Suarez appeal against ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini

FIFA has rejected an appeal from Luis Suarez against his four-month worldwide ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini.

Liverpool and England forward Raheem Sterling to learn from first World Cup

Liverpool forward Raheem Sterling has pledged to learn from his first World Cup experience with England.

World Cup: Louis van Gaal says two Netherlands players refused to take first penalty against Argentina

Netherlands boss Louis van Gaal claims none of his players wanted to take the first penalty against Argentina.

Mail Box

Mails: It's Not Entertainment, It's Sport...

When did we start getting the idea that football was an entertainment business? It's about winning and winning alone. We also have some defences of Louis van Gaal...

Do England Need Scholes, Lineker Etc?

They've all got ideas about where things are going wrong, so why don't they step up and help? Plus, we have lots of fall-out from the dullness of Holland v Argentina...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property