Next Game

R Vallecano v A Madrid

Sunday, 24 August 2014, 16:00

Spanish Primera BBVA

Porto and Atletico chase Navas

Costa Rica World Cup star Keylor Navas' agent has claimed that both FC Porto and Atletico Madrid have made offers for the goalkeeper.

Last Updated: 08/07/14 at 16:11 Post Comment

Keylor Navas: Attracting interest after impressing for Costa Rica

Keylor Navas: Attracting interest after impressing for Costa Rica

Navas, who currently plays his football in La Liga with Levante, has been one of the stand-out performers in Brazil as he helped Jorge Luis Pinto’s side to reach the quarter-finals.

The 27-year-old kept both Italy and England at bay in the group stages before his heroics in the penalty shoot-out win over Greece saw Costa Rica make history as they booked a quarter-final meeting with Holland.

Although Navas claimed the Man of the Match award against the Dutch – his third of the tournament – he was unable to stop Louis van Gaal’s men from progressing on penalties after a 0-0 draw over 120 minutes.

Navas’ displays this summer have attracted attention, with Arsenal reportedly tracking the keeper, but agent Ricardo Cabanas says just two bids have been received so far.

"Only FC Porto and Atletico Madrid have presented offers," he told Todomercadoweb.es.

Navas is said to have a buy-out clause of 10million euros in his contract, but Cabanas admitted he was unsure as to whether he would be leaving for that price.

"This is more up to Levante than us. The club have always had one idea, that while he played at the World Cup, they would listen to offers but would not make any decisions," he said.

"Now that the World Cup is over, this week that is starting now is going to be crucial."

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

I

think all those names linked to United exits make sense. Kagawa has never really looked like hitting the form he had at Dortmund and Fellaini is radioactive after last season (even though I think he's been unfairly singled out for criticism). Nani and Anderson have had more than their fair share of chances so they are done, and Hernandez deserves better than warming a bench.

ted, manchester
The Insecure Gossip

H

e'll be off to Spurs (or better) in January and I don't blame him. Looking forward to re-signing Grant Holt as his replacement though.

notalentjones
Benteke ignoring speculation

I

n fairness, he does look absolutely shattered in that photo.....

FairyNuff
Shaw told to shape up

Footer 365

Champions League: Henning Berg hopeful of Legia Warsaw's chances against Celtic

Legia Warsaw boss Henning Berg hopes his side can get a positive result against Celtic in their Champions League tie.

Premier League: Ross Barkley signs new four-year contract at Everton

Everton midfielder Ross Barkley has signed a new four-year deal with the club.

Transfer news: Southampton's chairman says Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will stay

Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will not be sold, according to Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger.

Mail Box

Youth Development Has To Be The Future

A varied Mailbox has thoughts on transfer targets, youth development, the obsession over 3-5-2, some innovative Blackpool suggestions and why Real bought Kroos...

Don't You Worry About Southampton...

We can't help but agree with one mailboxer who tries to calm the crisis-mongers gathering around Southampton, while we have mails on Man United's squad...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property