Next Game

Juventus v AC Milan

Saturday, 07 February 2015, 19:45

Italian Serie A

San Siro (Giuseppe Meazza)

Last Game

AC Milan 3 - 1 Parma

Sunday, 01 February 2015, 19:45

Italian Serie A

Mancini stands firm over Mario

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has dismissed the latest speculation linking striker Mario Balotelli with a move to AC Milan.

Last Updated: 25/01/13 at 16:37 Post Comment

Mario Balotelli: Expected to stay, says Roberto Mancini

Mario Balotelli: Expected to stay, says Roberto Mancini

Balotelli's future at City has been in question throughout January and reports in Italy suggest Milan remain interested in the player.

While the Serie A club have been priced out of a permanent deal for the 22-year-old, there have been fresh reports he could move on loan to the San Siro.

But Mancini insists there has been no approach for his compatriot or any other members of the City squad as he prepares his players for Saturday's FA Cup tie at Stoke.

Mancini said: "It is not true, Mario stays here. We didn't have any requests about Mario or other players."

Mancini has maintained this firm line on the possibility of Balotelli leaving the Etihad Stadium, even after a training-ground bust-up with the player earlier this month.

Milan are interested in the forward with vice-president Adriano Galliani issuing regular statements on the possibility of a deal but the club are unwilling to meet City's reported £28million valuation.

Galliani has urged City to lower the price but Mancini says he has no intention of letting his former Inter protege leave, even on loan.

When asked if Balotelli was part of his long-term plans, Mancini said: "Yes, Mario has another three years on his contract."

Mancini was speaking at a press conference to preview his side's FA fourth-round tie at Stoke.

The Balotelli subject was the first to be discussed and Mancini said: "For two years, the first question is always Mario!"

The transfer window closes next week but Mancini is not anticipating much activity.

He said: "I don't know but we don't have enough players. We are 18 players now. We can't sell any players."

When asked on the possibility of players coming in, Mancini said: "I think it is difficult."

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

S

o Brendan is full of sh!t, who'd have thought it eh?

fatbob30
Carroll accuses Rodgers

P

resumably, you wanted to keep the version of Downing that was never seen at Anfield. The one that another manager has managed to re-create. The one you passed over.

badwolf
Rodgers: I wanted to keep Downing

T

he uber commercialisation of the 90s has led to the point where this overly familar, try hard, jolly hockey sticks type fronts up a major football match on a weekly basis. Unlike the great presenters of yesteryear, I doubt he would even recognise the scent of Brut.

mufc phil
Football On TV: Jake Humphrey

Footer 365

AFCON round-up: Ivory Coast and Ghana make semi-finals

Ivory Coast and Ghana both qualified for the Africa Cup of Nations semi-finals after beating Algeria and Guinea respectively on Sunday.

Stuart Pearce sacked as Nottingham Forest manager

Stuart Pearce has been sacked as manager of Nottingham Forest, the club confirmed on Sunday evening.

Transfer news: Tottenham look to offload trio and sign a player on loan

Tottenham will allow Emmanuel Adebayor and either Younes Kaboul or Vlad Chiriches to leave on loan before the deadline.

Mail Box

'Costa Is A Bad Man. Suarez Is Not'

That's quite some claim. And yes, unfortunately we are still talking about this. We also have mails on Ronaldinho, possible replacements for Yaya Toure and more...

Red Mist Better Than Calculated Costa?

Hmmm. We're not sure about this argument - one Mailbox says Luis Suarez is easier to forgive because he is a little loco. We also have mails on Studge and more...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company