San Siro (Giuseppe Meazza)

Next Game

AC Milan v Liverpool

Saturday, 02 August 2014, 23:30

Friendly Match

Last Game

Man City 5 - 1 AC Milan

Sunday, 27 July 2014, 21:00

Friendly Match

Milan eye Robinho replacement

AC Milan will move to sign a new striker should Robinho finalise his return to Santos in the coming days, according to vice-president Adriano Galliani.

Last Updated: 05/07/13 at 13:44 Post Comment

Robinho: On the verge of a move to Santos

Robinho: On the verge of a move to Santos

The 29-year-old former Manchester City and Real Madrid forward was close to agreeing a move to his boyhood club in January, having spent six months back in Brazil on loan from City in 2010.

Terms could not be agreed, however, and Robinho completed the Serie A season with Milan.

However, Galliani has confirmed the transfer - which would net the Italians a reported eight million euros - is back on and the Rossoneri are lining up a possible replacement.

He told the Corriere dello Sport: "Last night we sent our latest proposal to Santos. The player has even accepted a reduction to his wages. If Robinho leaves, another striker will need to come in."

Galliani, who revealed his disappointment at missing out on Juventus-bound striker Carlos Tevez last week, would not identify a preferred reinforcement to his forward line but hinted CSKA Moscow midfielder Keisuke Honda could be a worthy addition to the San Siro midfield.

A deal for Sampdoria's young Italy midfielder Andrea Poli, meanwhile, requires defender Bartosz Salamon to agree to move in the other direction.

"Honda? I consider him to be an excellent attacking midfielder," Galliani said.

"(Poli's) arrival is certain, he's finished his medical and I'll be having dinner with him tonight. A good omen is that he has the same September 29 birthday as (Silvio) Berlusconi and (Andriy) Shevchenko.

"But the time when we can make it official depends on an agreement between Sampdoria and Salamon."

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

I

think all those names linked to United exits make sense. Kagawa has never really looked like hitting the form he had at Dortmund and Fellaini is radioactive after last season (even though I think he's been unfairly singled out for criticism). Nani and Anderson have had more than their fair share of chances so they are done, and Hernandez deserves better than warming a bench.

ted, manchester
The Insecure Gossip

H

e'll be off to Spurs (or better) in January and I don't blame him. Looking forward to re-signing Grant Holt as his replacement though.

notalentjones
Benteke ignoring speculation

I

n fairness, he does look absolutely shattered in that photo.....

FairyNuff
Shaw told to shape up

Footer 365

Premier League: Yaya Toure happy to stay at Manchester City

Yaya Toure has reaffirmed his commitment to Manchester City, insisting he wants to stay for "as long as possible".

Champions League: Henning Berg hopeful of Legia Warsaw's chances against Celtic

Legia Warsaw boss Henning Berg hopes his side can get a positive result against Celtic in their Champions League tie.

Premier League: Ross Barkley signs new four-year contract at Everton

Everton midfielder Ross Barkley has signed a new four-year deal with the club.

Mail Box

Youth Development Has To Be The Future

A varied Mailbox has thoughts on transfer targets, youth development, the obsession over 3-5-2, some innovative Blackpool suggestions and why Real bought Kroos...

Don't You Worry About Southampton...

We can't help but agree with one mailboxer who tries to calm the crisis-mongers gathering around Southampton, while we have mails on Man United's squad...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property