Next Game

Hamburg v B Dortmund

Saturday, 07 March 2015, 14:30

German Bundesliga

Last Game

SG Dynamo Dresden 0 - 2 B Dortmund

Tuesday, 03 March 2015, 19:30

German DFB Cup Third Round

Bernard agent rules out Spurs

Tottenham Hotspur and Borussia Dortmund appear to be out of the race to sign Bernard after the Atletico Mineiro midfielder's agent admitted Porto were the only one of the trio not to have been put off by his asking price.

Last Updated: 02/07/13 at 15:00 Post Comment

Bernard: Expected to leave Atletico Mineiro and head for Europe this summer

Bernard: Expected to leave Atletico Mineiro and head for Europe this summer

Spurs have been linked with a couple of Brazilians this summer and appear set to sign Paulinho after he revealed on Monday that an agreement had been reached to take him to White Hart Lane.

But it does not look as though he will be joined in London by Bernard, who was also a part of the winning Confederations Cup squad, as the 20-year-old's representative says talks have stalled.

A switch to Champions League finalists Dortmund has also been ruled out, while Shakhtar Donetsk have yet to submit an offer after also being credited with an interest.

Agent Adriano Spadoto told O Tempo: "The negotiations with Dortmund and Tottenham have cooled due to Bernard's high asking price, and he won't go to any of these clubs.

"There is nothing from Shakhtar, they have made no offer."

Porto now look to be in pole position to land Bernard's signature, especially as the BMG bank have connections with the Portuguese club and also Mineiro.

"The agreement (with BMG) is a factor, so Porto are the most likely destination for Bernard," said Spadoto.

"I believe that Bernard will leave Atletico Mineiro after the Copa Libertadores and the official announcement will be made by (Mineiro president) Alexandre Kalil."

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

I

d like to add players who push their team-mates out of the way to celebrate on their own

exhausted
The Ten Most Hated Things In Football

I

f I were Manuel Pellegrini I would keep quiet and hope the Board didn't notice City not winning anything. If he isn't sacked I'd be astonished.

lfcfan80
Pellegrini: I won't be sacked

S

till I suppose it still gives him at least another year in the job. By the time it comes around , he can always make up another excuse. First it was 3 months , then a year .....Next year ? Whats his excuse with Van Persie ?

spud1
Di Maria 'could peak next year'

Footer 365

Neville 'concerned' over Reds form

Gary Neville has admitted that he is "concerned" that a resurgent Liverpool could qualify for the Champions League ahead of Manchester United.

Boro claim top spot as Derby lose

Middlesbrough became the new Championship leaders as they took advantage of Derby's latest slip by beating Millwall 3-0.

Aston Villa 2-1 West Brom: Benteke's late show helps end Villa's long wait for a win

Tim Sherwood recorded his first win as Aston Villa boss as Christian Benteke's late penalty helped beat West Brom 2-1.

Mail Box

Look Away Now Please, Sherwood...

Sherwood's cringeworthiness, Matic's Wembley celebrations, why LVG must show balls - it's all here in your Wednesday afternoon Mailbox...

United's No 2 Isn't That Bad Either...

One mailboxer is getting in a flap about the claim Man Utd would struggle without De Dea, while there's some anger directed at Chelsea...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company