Gomez close to Madrid move

Catania president Antonino Pulvirenti has revealed the club are in talks to sell Alejandro Gomez to Atletico Madrid.

Last Updated: 13/05/13 at 16:43 Post Comment

Alejandro Gomez: Is reportedly close to joining Atletico Madrid from Catania

Alejandro Gomez: Is reportedly close to joining Atletico Madrid from Catania

The 25-year-old has made more than 100 appearances for the Rossazzurri since signing from San Lorenzo in the summer of 2010.

The winger has notched eight goals in 35 appearances so far this season, helping the Sicilian club up to eighth place in Serie A with just one game remaining.

His displays have caught the eye of rival clubs, with Pulvirenti revealing he has received a number of bids.

However, it appears the Argentine will be playing his football at the Vicente Calderon next season after it was confirmed Atletico are close to sealing a deal.

"The negotiations with Atletico Madrid are very advanced, we have some serious bids. I think Gomez will go there," said Pulvirenti.

"How we'll replace Gomez? We have [Lucas] Castro and we have already taken [Sebastian] Leto.

"We will also continue to work in Argentina where there are many players that familiarise themselves very well in Serie A."

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

A

nd yet... Jermain Defoe is still going to pronounce himself gobsmacked when he learns he hasn't made the England squad for the Euro qualifiers.

treeman1
Premier League Winners And Losers

W

e could release Diaby and then re-sign him when nobody else does and he would literally be like a new signing.

john matrix
The Machine Gossip

W

e pay the living wage, living wage, living wage, and that's the way we like it, we like it, we like it!!! Wooo ohhhh ooooohh

hump3.
All Premier League Clubs Should Be Paying Living Wage

Footer 365

Roy Hodgson says Harry Kane may miss out on England squad

Roy Hodgson says selecting Tottenham striker Harry Kane for the next England squad is far from a certainty.

Papiss Cisse faces seven-match ban after admitting FA charge

Newcastle's Papiss Cisse faces a seven-match ban after admitting an FA charge relating to Wednesday's spitting incident.

FA charges Newcastle's Papiss Cisse and Manchester United's Jonny Evans

The FA have charged Newcastle's Papiss Cisse and Manchester United's Jonny Evans over Wednesday's 'spitting' incident.

Mail Box

Have To Trust Managers On Mata

It's all very well bemoaning the lack of action for Juan Mata, but we have to trust the judgement of Van Gaal and Mourinho. Plus Martinez Out, and Leicester are doomed...

Should Gerrard Get In This Liverpool Side?

Never mind the long goodbye, should he actually get back into this excellent Liverpool side playing with pace? Mostly we talk Manchester United, though. It's good...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company