Bernard agent rules out Spurs

Tottenham Hotspur and Borussia Dortmund appear to be out of the race to sign Bernard after the Atletico Mineiro midfielder's agent admitted Porto were the only one of the trio not to have been put off by his asking price.

Last Updated: 02/07/13 at 15:00 Post Comment

Bernard: Expected to leave Atletico Mineiro and head for Europe this summer

Bernard: Expected to leave Atletico Mineiro and head for Europe this summer

Spurs have been linked with a couple of Brazilians this summer and appear set to sign Paulinho after he revealed on Monday that an agreement had been reached to take him to White Hart Lane.

But it does not look as though he will be joined in London by Bernard, who was also a part of the winning Confederations Cup squad, as the 20-year-old's representative says talks have stalled.

A switch to Champions League finalists Dortmund has also been ruled out, while Shakhtar Donetsk have yet to submit an offer after also being credited with an interest.

Agent Adriano Spadoto told O Tempo: "The negotiations with Dortmund and Tottenham have cooled due to Bernard's high asking price, and he won't go to any of these clubs.

"There is nothing from Shakhtar, they have made no offer."

Porto now look to be in pole position to land Bernard's signature, especially as the BMG bank have connections with the Portuguese club and also Mineiro.

"The agreement (with BMG) is a factor, so Porto are the most likely destination for Bernard," said Spadoto.

"I believe that Bernard will leave Atletico Mineiro after the Copa Libertadores and the official announcement will be made by (Mineiro president) Alexandre Kalil."

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

I

think all those names linked to United exits make sense. Kagawa has never really looked like hitting the form he had at Dortmund and Fellaini is radioactive after last season (even though I think he's been unfairly singled out for criticism). Nani and Anderson have had more than their fair share of chances so they are done, and Hernandez deserves better than warming a bench.

ted, manchester
The Insecure Gossip

H

e'll be off to Spurs (or better) in January and I don't blame him. Looking forward to re-signing Grant Holt as his replacement though.

notalentjones
Benteke ignoring speculation

I

n fairness, he does look absolutely shattered in that photo.....

FairyNuff
Shaw told to shape up

Footer 365

Premier League: Ross Barkley signs new four-year contract at Everton

Everton midfielder Ross Barkley has signed a new four-year deal with the club.

Transfer news: Southampton's chairman says Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will stay

Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will not be sold, according to Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger.

Transfer News: Reported Manchester United target Arturo Vidal 'happy' to stay at Juventus

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri is convinced Arturo Vidal will remain with the club for the forthcoming season.

Mail Box

Youth Development Has To Be The Future

A varied Mailbox has thoughts on transfer targets, youth development, the obsession over 3-5-2, some innovative Blackpool suggestions and why Real bought Kroos...

Don't You Worry About Southampton...

We can't help but agree with one mailboxer who tries to calm the crisis-mongers gathering around Southampton, while we have mails on Man United's squad...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property