Liverpool 1 Stoke City 0
- Simon Mignolet saved a late penalty as Liverpool defeated Stoke 1-0 in the opening game of the Premier League season. Read Liverpool v Stoke match report.
- Brendan Rodgers praised his Liverpool side for a fine all-round performance following their 1-0 win over Stoke City. Read full Rodgers interview.
- Mark Bowen insists no-one will blame Jon Walters after he missed the chance to salvage Stoke a point against Liverpool. Read full Bowen interview.
Arsenal 1 Aston Villa 3
- Christian Benteke scored twice as Aston Villa came from behind to beat Arsenal 3-1 at Emirates Stadium. Read Arsenal v Aston Villa match report.
- Arsene Wenger conceded it was a 'huge surprise' when Aston Villa were awarded a second penalty after Arsenal started the new season with a 3-1 home defeat. Read full Wenger interview.
- Paul Lambert called Gabriel Agbonlahor 'unplayable' after Aston Villa opened the season with a 3-1 win at Arsenal. Read full Lambert interview.
Norwich City 2 Everton 2
- Ricky van Wolfswinkel scored on his Norwich debut as the Canaries recovered to draw 2-2 with Everton at Carrow Road. Read Norwich v Everton match report.
- Norwich manager Chris Hughton was pleased with his side's response in the 2-2 draw with Everton at Carrow Road. Read Hughton interview.
- Roberto Martinez was happy with his Everton side's performance after a 2-2 draw with Norwich. Read Martinez interview.
Sunderland 0 Fulham 1
- Pajtim Kasami's goal secured Fulham a 1-0 win over Sunderland at the Stadium of Light. Read Sunderland v Fulham match report.
- Paolo Di Canio refused to criticise his new side following Sunderland's 1-0 home defeat by Fulham. Read full Di Canio interview.
- Martin Jol says that Fulham's 1-0 win at Sunderland was the 'perfect' way to start the season. Read full Jol interview.
West Brom 0 Southampton 1
- Southampton snatched a 1-0 victory at West Brom thanks to Rickie Lambert's late winner from the penalty spot. Read West Brom v Southampton match report.
- Steve Clarke bemoaned what he described as a "very soft" penalty that consigned his side to defeat against Southampton. Read full Clarke interview.
- Mauricio Pochettino believes Southampton's win over West Brom at The Hawthorns was no less than his side deserved. Read full Pochettino interview.
West Ham 2 Cardiff City 0
- Cardiff's first top-flight outing in 51 years ended in defeat, with West Ham collecting a 2-0 victory at Upton Park. Read West Ham v Cardiff match report.
- Sam Allardyce admits he could not have asked for anything more from West Ham as they opened with victory over Cardiff. Read full Allardyce interview.
- Malky Mackay was left to rue a slow start to the season as Cardiff's Premier League bow ended in defeat at West Ham. Read full Mackay interview.
Swansea City 1 Manchester United 4
- Manchester United got their title defence off to a perfect start with an emphatic 4-1 victory away to Swansea City. Read Swansea v Manchester United match report.
- Swansea City manager Michael Laudrup wants his players to move on following the 4-1 defeat by Manchester United. Read full Laudrup interview.
- David Moyes was delighted to begin his first Premier League campaign as Manchester United manager with a win over Swansea City but insisted there would be no great celebration. Read full Moyes interview.
Crystal Palace 0 Tottenham Hotspur 1
- A debut goal from Roberto Soldado saw Tottenham Hotspur edge out capital rivals Crystal Palace 1-0 at Selhurst Park. Read Crystal Palace v Tottenham match report.
- Ian Holloway is looking for Crystal Palace to pose more of an attacking threat following their 1-0 defeat by Tottenham. Read full Holloway interview.
- Andre Villas-Boas feels Tottenham were good value for a 1-0 win at Crystal Palace, with their new signings impressing. Read full Villas-Boas interview.
Chelsea 2 Hull City 0
- Jose Mourinho marked his return as manager of Chelsea with a 2-0 home win over Premier League new boys Hull City. Read Chelsea v Hull match report.
- Jose Mourinho has called on Chelsea's fans to focus on supporting the team after a rousing reception on his return. Read full Mourinho interview.
- Hull City manager Steve Bruce praised Jose Mourinho's Chelsea following his side's 2-0 defeat at Stamford Bridge. Read full Bruce interview.