Palacios move falls through

Wilson Palacios' proposed transfer from Stoke City to Qatar Sports Club has collapsed after the Honduras international failed a medical, according to the Doha club.

Last Updated: 21/07/14 at 06:56 Post Comment

Wilson Palacios: Honduras star misses out on Qatar move

Wilson Palacios: Honduras star misses out on Qatar move

More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

The 29-year-old defensive midfielder, who was sent off in his country's opening 3-0 World Cup defeat to France last month, is entering the final year of his contract at the Britannia Stadium.             

The former Tottenham and Wigan player was used mainly from the bench last season and Stoke manager Mark Hughes has increased his midfield options in recent weeks by bringing in Steve Sidwell from Fulham.

Palacios, who has started just 14 games for the Potters since joining them in 2011, flew to Qatar last week for contract talks and the medical but he will now have to return to Stoke ahead of the new Premier League campaign.

TEAMtalk Facebook Fan Page

The TEAMtalk fan page is a great place to meet like minded people, have football related discussions and make new friends.

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

A

nd yet... Jermain Defoe is still going to pronounce himself gobsmacked when he learns he hasn't made the England squad for the Euro qualifiers.

treeman1
Premier League Winners And Losers

W

e could release Diaby and then re-sign him when nobody else does and he would literally be like a new signing.

john matrix
The Machine Gossip

W

e pay the living wage, living wage, living wage, and that's the way we like it, we like it, we like it!!! Wooo ohhhh ooooohh

hump3.
All Premier League Clubs Should Be Paying Living Wage

Footer 365

Roy Hodgson says Harry Kane may miss out on England squad

Roy Hodgson says selecting Tottenham striker Harry Kane for the next England squad is far from a certainty.

Papiss Cisse faces seven-match ban after admitting FA charge

Newcastle's Papiss Cisse faces a seven-match ban after admitting an FA charge relating to Wednesday's spitting incident.

FA charges Newcastle's Papiss Cisse and Manchester United's Jonny Evans

The FA have charged Newcastle's Papiss Cisse and Manchester United's Jonny Evans over Wednesday's 'spitting' incident.

Mail Box

Have To Trust Managers On Mata

It's all very well bemoaning the lack of action for Juan Mata, but we have to trust the judgement of Van Gaal and Mourinho. Plus Martinez Out, and Leicester are doomed...

Should Gerrard Get In This Liverpool Side?

Never mind the long goodbye, should he actually get back into this excellent Liverpool side playing with pace? Mostly we talk Manchester United, though. It's good...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company