Nasri in new City deal talks

Samir Nasri has revealed he has opened talks with Manchester City over a new deal at the Etihad Stadium.

Last Updated: 31/03/14 at 14:26 Post Comment

Samir Nasri: In talks over a new deal at Manchester City

Samir Nasri: In talks over a new deal at Manchester City

More of the games that matter

Upgrade in minutes or watch with a NOW TV Day Pass.

The Frenchman has just over a year to run on his current deal at City and the club are keen to tie down the attacking midfielder to a new contract.

The 26-year-old has established himself as a key member of Manuel Pellegrini's side and he has been one of City's star performers this season.

Nasri is confident that a new deal will be sorted out and he has thanked Pellegrini for showing confidence in him.

"We have just started talks so far. We didn't find any agreement yet. But it should be sorted out," Nasri told French television show Canal Football Club

"I want to stay. I can feel people appreciate me and the coach is trusting me."

Nasri insists he has no regrets about leaving Arsenal for City in the summer of 2011 and explained the motive for his move was to win more honours.

"My departure from Arsenal? When you leave for a club where there is more money, you are supposed to be mercenary," added Nasri.

"I took stock before I went to Manchester City, I was joining a club with Yaya Toure, David Silva, Sergio Aguero, Carlos Tevez.

"I spent three seasons at Arsenal without any title and at the end of the season we sold our best player that was Cesc Fabregas.

"I don't want to be disrespectful, but I had a meeting with Arsene Wenger who told me to not be worried, he signed Gervinho and he will get reinforcements.

"I preferred to join City and I won titles and indeed I earn a better living. And why not a second national title in three years?

"I am very happy with my choice."

TEAMtalk Facebook Fan Page

The TEAMtalk fan page is a great place to meet like minded people, have football related discussions and make new friends.

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

I

m concerned as I have swore at football matches and whilst watching football on the TV. Am I also in line for an FA charge?

mufc phil
Wilshere charged by FA

I

m a big Rafa fan, but when he substitutes Ronaldo after 60 minutes of his first game, which Real draw 1-1, I don't see the Real fans being patient. He'll be gone before October is out.

the tree
Rafa quiet on Sterling and De Gea

W

hy no blog? that's my summer ruined. Can someone start a petition on change.org please?

myyoot
The New Dawn Gossip

Footer 365

FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke insists he is not guilty

FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke insists he is not guilty of any corrupt practices and sees no reason to stand down.

Benitez emotional at Real unveiling

Rafael Benitez refused to discuss Real Madrid's apparent interest in Raheem Sterling and David de Gea at his Bernabeu unveiling on Wednesday.

Rafa Benitez says he has 'returned home' after being named Real Madrid coach

Rafa Benitez says he has "returned home" after being installed as the new coach of Real Madrid on a three-year contract.

Mail Box

Does Anybody Care About Russia?

Do any of us really care about the decision to give the 2018 World Cup to Russia? We're not sure anybody does. We have mails on Blatter, Rafa and lots more...

Celebrate Good Times, But Hard Work Starts Now

The Mailbox is joyous over the impending departure of Sepp Blatter, but offers a reminder that problems remain. Plus title winners, CL play-offs and Nigel Adkins...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company