Hillsborough

Next Game

Sheff Wed v Newcastle

Wednesday, 30 July 2014, 19:45

Friendly Match

Last Game

Wellington Phoenix FC 0 - 1 Newcastle

Saturday, 26 July 2014, 05:30

Friendly Match

Bastia reject Thauvin offer

Bastia chairman Pierre-Marie Geronimi claims to have rejected an offer from Newcastle United for Florian Thauvin and that Arsenal have also shown an interest in the midfielder.

Last Updated: 26/01/13 at 22:01 Post Comment

Florian Thauvin: Bastia midfielder a target for Arsenal and Newcastle

Florian Thauvin: Bastia midfielder a target for Arsenal and Newcastle

Newcastle have been busy bolstering their French contingent during the January transfer window and have held a long-standing interest in Thauvin.

The France youth international, who turned 20 on Saturday, has 18 months left on his contract and Bastia say he does not intend to sign an extension.

Geronimi has stated that Newcastle are the only club to have made an offer for Thauvin, but that Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has been in contact about the player.

"Florian Thauvin has been the object of just one concrete offer so far, from Newcastle, for €3million (£2.6m), but we refused it," Geronimi told France Bleu radio station.

"However, he didn't want to prolong his contract with Bastia, but he will stay until the end of the season."

Regarding Arsenal's interest, Geronimi added: "We have not received any firm offer from Arsenal and, thus, there is no question of the €5m (£4.3m) reported.

"This week I have had Arsene Wenger on the phone twice. He expressed his interest in the player to us, but it has not gone beyond that."

TEAMtalk Facebook Fan Page

The TEAMtalk fan page is a great place to meet like minded people, have football related discussions and make new friends.

Related News

Most Commented

Readers' Comments

I

think all those names linked to United exits make sense. Kagawa has never really looked like hitting the form he had at Dortmund and Fellaini is radioactive after last season (even though I think he's been unfairly singled out for criticism). Nani and Anderson have had more than their fair share of chances so they are done, and Hernandez deserves better than warming a bench.

ted, manchester
The Insecure Gossip

H

e'll be off to Spurs (or better) in January and I don't blame him. Looking forward to re-signing Grant Holt as his replacement though.

notalentjones
Benteke ignoring speculation

I

n fairness, he does look absolutely shattered in that photo.....

FairyNuff
Shaw told to shape up

Footer 365

Champions League: Henning Berg hopeful of Legia Warsaw's chances against Celtic

Legia Warsaw boss Henning Berg hopes his side can get a positive result against Celtic in their Champions League tie.

Premier League: Ross Barkley signs new four-year contract at Everton

Everton midfielder Ross Barkley has signed a new four-year deal with the club.

Transfer news: Southampton's chairman says Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will stay

Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin will not be sold, according to Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger.

Mail Box

Youth Development Has To Be The Future

A varied Mailbox has thoughts on transfer targets, youth development, the obsession over 3-5-2, some innovative Blackpool suggestions and why Real bought Kroos...

Don't You Worry About Southampton...

We can't help but agree with one mailboxer who tries to calm the crisis-mongers gathering around Southampton, while we have mails on Man United's squad...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property